STEM Tech empowers young women in middle and high school to create change within their community and environment by utilizing their STEM knowledge. STEM Tech increases students' competence and confidence in STEM by connecting exciting hands-on activities with service-learning problem-based curriculum. Student groups meet at local schools during afterschool hours. Each STEM Tech group is linked with a WISE undergraduate mentor to facilitate the program.
- STEM Tech groups meet once a week during afterschool hours at local partnered schools.
- Students identify an issue in their environment that is concerning to them.
- WISE mentors assist STEM Tech students in applying research, knowledge, and skills in STEM to design a project to address their identified issue.
- STEM Tech encourages critical thinking, collaboration, and interdisciplinary work.
- Special guests visit groups to discuss current STEM research, higher education, financial literacy, and career opportunities.