Bringing You the World
The Gift Shop in the Wang Center features Asian and Asian-inspired crafts, tea and tea items, jewelry, fashion accessories, clothing, toys, books, and Stony Brook leather goods, business wear, and outdoor gear. This collection of goods is unique on campus–a reflection of our multicultural university–with interesting and beautiful objects by artisans and craftspeople from far away and right here on Long Island. Many items feature recycled materials and/or come from fair-trade sources, and new ones are added constantly. You'll find unusual items at a wide range of prices, for children of all ages, teenagers, women, and men, including:
- Japanese and Chinese toys to delight any child
- A variety of teas, mugs, and tea accessories
- Lovely, handmade scarves and bags
- Books on Asian cooking, arts, culture, martial arts, crafts, and more
- Travel maps and language guides
- Unique silk jackets from Japan
- Jewelry from Vietnam, Thailand, India, Tibet, and Laos: origami, semi-precious gems, and inlaid silver
- Gallery-quality turned wood bowls inlaid with semi-precious stones
- Artist-made men's jewelry: cufflinks, lapel pins, and tie tacks
- Soap handmade with herbs and beer
- Treasures and trinkets, serious to silly
Open for special events ONLY!
Call 632-1817 for more info.