Founded in 2002 as an Asian and Asian American Cultural Center, the Charles B. Wang Center offers public programs that reflect both traditional and contemporary Asian and Asian American cultures and societies. These programs include exhibitions, films, lectures, conferences, performances, and educational discussions.
The Charles B. Wang Center seeks interns to assist its various public programs. Applicants should have an interest in Asian culture and be able to create high-quality work for the Wang Center.
- Research, update and maintain database records
- Compile statistics of attendee for the program summary
- Collect press articles relating to the Charles B. Wang Center and its programs
- Prepare promotional materials for upcoming programs
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of public programs
- Monitor the exhibition and the registration desk of various public programs
- Perform various administrative tasks to support the Wang Center
- Assist in program promotional outreach efforts, using social media and email campaigns
- Proficient in using social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube and proven creativity in disseminating information through social media
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign and knowledge of web-based platforms, browsers, HTML and CSS will be desirable.
- Interest or academic background in Asian & Asian American Studies, History, Art History, Fine Arts, Design, Education
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Asian contemporary culture a plus
Internships are unpaid positions. Candidates are required to commit to a minimum of 12 weeks, and one to three days per week, or the equivalent of 8-20 hours per week; evening availability once or twice a month for events. Class credit available
How to apply:
- a cover letter and the days and hours you are available to work
- a resume
- In Word or PDF format with the subject line "Internship" to: Chanika Svetvilas (email@example.com)
Please do not follow-up on applications by phone.