Information for Graduate Program Coordinators:
Life Span of a Form I-20: The Issuance Process
Electronic ‘Request for I-20 / DS-2019’ form:
- Upon admission to the department, the student will receive a SOLAR message prompting them to complete the electronic ‘Request for I-20 / DS-2019’ form.
- Students should be advised to carefully read the instructions in SOLAR before completing the form as they will be required to:
- Review and complete every tab of the online form (Personal Data, U.S. Education, Finances, Uploads/Documents, and Submit)
- Upload all required documents (Affidavit of Support , Financial Documents, Passport Information Page, Previous Forms I-20/DS-2019)
- Click "Save" at the bottom of each page while completing the form. This will insure that they don’t lose their work and also allows them to log-out and complete/submit their request for a Form I-20 or DS-2019 later.
* Important: Saving the form does not submit the form - it only saves the student’s work.
- Once the form is complete, the student must click the yellow "Submit" button within the "Submit" tab.
Financial Documentation Guidelines:
- All proof of financial sponsorship must be scanned and submitted by the student through SOLAR.
- Effective fall 2012 if original financial documents are submitted they will not be returned to the student.
- If deemed necessary the VIS Advisor can request the original financial documents.
- While 6 months of personal bank statements are not required for I-20 processing, the student should be made aware that the Consulate may ask them to present 6 months’ worth of bank statements at the visa interview.
Students currently outside of the U.S. : June 1, 2012
Students currently within the U.S. in F-1 Status : July 1, 2012
Questions? Please contact:
Assistant Director of Visa & Immigration Services:
Lindsi Walker 2-1809
Advisers to International Students and Scholars:
Meghan Behan (631)632-7045
Gretchen Gosnell (631)632-7192
Jasmina Gradistanac (631)632-1657
Christos Kalesis (631)632-7048
Erin Keffeler (631)632-1140
VIS Support Staff:
Patty Poster, Secretary (631)632-4685
Jessica Raphael, Staff Assistant (631)632-1104