Universidad de Alcala
About the Program
The Universidad de Alcala' is renown in the Spanish-speaking world. Students have
the opportunity to study in Institute de Franklin within the Universidad de Alcala'
to learn Spanish language, culture, history and other classes in English. Students
live with host families to truly experience the culture of Spain. Academic courses
are taught by the excellent University faculty.
Alcala de Henares, Spain
|Language of Instruction||
Basic knowledge of the language is encouraged
Exchange: Students select courses offered by partner institution
Fall, Spring, Academic Year
Host family accommodation
See Language Proficiency
Fall/Academic Year Admission: March 1
$3,235 per semester for NY residents;
$10,775 per semester for non-residents
$6,600 per semester
|International Health Insurance||
$55 per month approximately
SUNY tuition covers up to 12 credits. Additional courses may be taken for an additional fee
$1,500 (approximately; Students are responsible for their travel arrangements including airfare, visa costs)
Costs are estimates for planning purposes of the student and are subject to change at any point.
Housing arrangements are coordinated directly with the partner university.
Cost Comparison: The average cost for a full time Stony Brook Student including tuition, insurance, housing, and meal plan is approximately $10,445 in-state and $15,735 out-of-state.
Student visa notification:
- Students must make an appointment with the Spanish consulate as soon as they receive the email from their study abroad advisor specific program information from their study abroad advisor.
- If available, appointments should be made mid November for students participating in Spring . Student visa processing times vary and can take longer then 4 weeks.
- Below is a link to the Spanish consulate in New York. Note: students must make appointments at the appropriate Spanish consulate based on their home residency.
The following is included in the program fee:
- Official Academic credits granted by the University of Alcalá
- Official UAH student ID
- Transfers to and from the airport (check pick up schedule for details)
- Housing with a Host Family
- Laundry service once a week
Grades earned in an exchange program WILL NOT calculate towards the cumulative GPA for SBU students.
Non-SBU students must contact their home university regarding their grade and credit transfer policy.
Links and ResourcesView WebsiteView Course InformationView Academic CalendarApply Now
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, N.Y.