Universidad de Alcala
About the Program
The Universidad de Alcala' is renown in the Spanish-speaking world. Students have the opportunity to study in Institute de Franklin within the Universidad de Alcala' to learn Spanish language, culture, history and other classes in English. Students live with host families to truly experience the culture of Spain. Academic courses are taught by the excellent University faculty.
|Location||Alcala de Henares, Spain|
|Language of Instruction||Spanish, English|
|Language Proficiency||Basic knowledge of the language is encouraged|
|Program Type||Exchange: Students select courses offered by partner institution|
|Program Dates||Fall, Spring, Academic Year|
|Living Arrangements||Host family accommodation|
|Other Requirements||See Language Proficiency|
|Application Deadline||March 1 for Fall/Academic Year Admission; September 15 for Spring Admission *Deadlines may be extended depending on availability of student visa appointments with the Spanish consualate|
|Tuition Rate||$3,085 per semester for NY residents; $9,795 per semester for non-residents|
|Program Fee||$6,600 per semester|
|Administrative Fee||$200 (non-refundable)|
|International Health Insurance||$55 per month approximately|
SUNY tuition covers up to 12 credits. Additional courses may be taken for an additional fee
$1,500 (approximately; Students are responsible for their travel arrangements including airfare, visa costs)
Costs are estimates for planning purposes of the student and are subject to change at any point.
Housing arrangements are coordinated directly with the partner university.
Cost Comparison: The average cost for a full time Stony Brook Student including tuition, insurance, housing, and meal plan is approximately $10,445 in-state and $15,735 out-of-state.
Student visa notification:
- Students must make an appointment with the Spanish consulate as soon as they receive the email from their study abroad advisor specific program information from their study abroad advisor.
- If available, appointments should be made mid November for students participating in Spring . Student visa processing times vary and can take longer then 4 weeks.
- Below is a link to the Spanish consulate in New York. Note: students must make appointments at the appropriate Spanish consulate based on their home residency.
The following is included in the program fee:
- Official Academic credits granted by the University of Alcalá
- Official UAH student ID
- Transfers to and from the airport (check pick up schedule for details)
- Housing with a Host Family
- Laundry service once a week
Grades earned in an exchange program WILL NOT calculate towards the cumulative GPA for SBU students.
Non-SBU students must contact their home university regarding their grade and credit transfer policy.
Links and ResourcesView WebsiteView Course InformationView Academic CalendarApply Now
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, N.Y.