About the Program
The city of Konstanz is located at the intersection of Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. Situated on the Bodensee (or Lake Konstanz) in the foothills of the Swiss Alps, its unique geography lends itself to outdoor pursuits of all kinds. It is home to the Universität Konstanz where participants will have the opportunity to take German language courses, as well as to fulfill Diversified Education Curriculum (DEC) requirements at one of Germany’s premier research institutions.
Course of Study
- Participants will register for 6 total credits of German language and culture offered at the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Students following the Diversified Education Curriculum (DEC) will fulfill Skill 3 and DEC I. Students following the Stony Brook Curriculum (SBC) will fulfill EXP+, GLO, LANG, and SBS+
|Language of Instruction||
International Summer School: Students select courses offered by partner institution
August 2 - 23, 2015
Residence hall-style accommodation
2.0 or higher
Undergraduates only; all qualified students may apply
March 1, 2015
$257 per credit for NY residents;
$816 per credit for non-residents
$800 (includes housing, group excursions, and international health insurance)
|International Health Insurance||
Included in the Program Fee
$2,000 (approximately; estimated personal expenses, books, passport, etc.)
Estimated Airfare: $1,500. All student participants will travel together to the study abroad site. Students who do not abide by this policy may be dismissed from the program.
Costs are estimates for planning purposes of the student and are subject to change at any point.
- Experience international summer school at the Universität Konstanz, one of Germany’s most prestigious institutions of higher education.
- Take advantage of first-rate athletic facilities, a professional rock-climbing course, and beaches.
- The city of Konstanz is located in southern Germany near the cities of Zurich, Stuttgart, and Munich.
- Group excursions include an medieval castle in Meersburg, the Vorarlberg region of Austria, and the state of Liechtenstein.
Grades earned in an exchange program WILL NOT calculate towards the cumulative GPA for SBU students.
Non-SBU students must contact their home university regarding their grade and credit transfer policy.
Links and ResourcesApply Now
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, N.Y.