Stony Brook University Study Abroad & Exchange Stony Brook University home page

Grade and Credit Transfer

Credits earned may apply toward degree progress at SBU. Students seeking credit for general education or upper division requirements should consult with their IAP advisor. Credits earned toward major/minor requirements must be approved by the appropriate academic department.

SBU students must complete and submit the Exchange Course Credit Request Form, available in the study abroad office.

Grades earned abroad may or may not calculate toward a students’ cumulative GPA. Please ask a study abroad advisor whether or not grades earned effect GPA.


*Grades earned in an exchange program or International Summer School WILL NOT calculate towards a students’ cumulative Stony Brook GPA.

**Non-SBU students must contact their home university regarding their grade and credit transfer policy.

***There may be delays in the arrival of grades from abroad.

New: International Credit Transfer Policy (Summer & Winter)

Login to Edit