Request For Form I-20/DS-2019
Once accepted, students must complete all required request forms for I-20/DS-2019,
upload your supplemental immigration and financial documentation to accessVIS to ensure
a timely review of your request for I-20/DS-2019.
This process cannot be completed until you have received an official acceptance letter via email.
- Click on accessVIS
- Click on "Limited Services"
- Enter your University Identification number: (Please note that this is your SBU ID number, a separate email was sent to you with the ID #)
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Enter your Limited Access Pin: (This access pin is sent to your email address, if you did not receive this pin use the link below to request, and it will be sent to your email address on file). The email pin should come from the VIS email. Click Here to Request for a PIN
Complete and Submit the following forms:
- Current Immigration status
- Biographical/Student Information (see further instructions below)
- Dependent: Request for I-20/DS-2019 (this does not apply to you, you may skip this process)
- Declaration and Certification of Finances: (The expenses information available on this page is for students applying for one semester, please note additional proof of funding is required if you are applying for two semesters) See breakdown below of the amount required. All your financial documents have to be dated after March 1st. We will not accept financial documents dated before March 1st.
- If you are an exchange student receiving a tuition waiver, the acceptance letter is used as proof of scholarship. You will be required to upload the letter again as proof of tuition scholarship.
- Under Biographical/Student information: Please keep in mind that you are admitted as an exchange/visiting student.
- For the last question: To which Academic level are you applying/admitted? Please select Exchange/visiting -IAP
Check Your DS-2019/I-20 For Accuracy
Upon receipt of your DS-2019, review it carefully to confirm that your given, middle,
and surname appear exactly as on your passport. Your date of birth should be in month/day/year
format. If there are any mistakes, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line write “I-20/DS-2019 Correction” and include your full name and
Stony Brook ID number. Within the body of the email indicate the incorrect information
(i.e name spelling, date of birth, etc.)
Directions To Stony Brook University
Students have the option of using public transportation to get to Stony Brook University. The Long Island Railroad (LIRR) Stony Brook Station is conveniently located on campus. Here are different ways on how to get to the campus.
From JFK airport, take the AIRTRAIN to Jamaica station for the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). The $5 trip to Jamaica station lasts approximately 5 minutes. From the Jamaica station, take the LIRR (Port Jefferson line, eastbound) to the Stony Brook station, about a 2 hour ride. One-way fares range from $9.00 to $12.50, depending on the time of day.
Purchase your LIRR ticket from one of the ticket machines before boarding the train. You may purchase your ticket on the train (cash only) however there is an additional fee on board the train. The ticket machines accept U.S. Currency in small denominations, credit and debit cards.
More information or the LIRR schedule is available at: http://lirr42.mta.info/
From Penn Station (34th Street and 7th Avenue), take the Long Island Railroad (LIRR)’s Port Jefferson line to the Stony Brook station. The 7BUS offers daily direct service to and from New York City and Queens. For more information Click Here.
Students arriving from Newark Liberty International Airport, Click Here for how to get from EWR to New York City Penn Station. From New York Penn Station take the LIRR train to Stony Brook University.
Stony Brook has partnered with Super Shuttle to provide transportation services from JFK airport to Stony Brook University at a reduced rate. To make a reservation for the Super Shuttle Click Here.