Stony Brook Study Abroad & Exchange is responsible for administering Stony Brook study abroad programs, recruiting and admitting visiting international students, establishing partnerships with overseas institutions, collaborating with SUNY campuses to promote internationalism, and interfacing all international activities of Stony Brook.
The mission of Stony Brook’s Study Abroad & Exchange is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by enhancing the internationalization of educational experience at Stony Brook University. In fulfilling this mission, the Office of Study Abroad & Exchange:
- Engages Stony Brook’s diverse student population to become global citizens by studying abroad.
- Develops and administers academically rigorous, culturally enriching and geographically diverse international academic programs.
- Integrates study abroad with campus curriculum in partnership with academic units.
- Partners with prestigious international universities to establish high-quality academic programs.
- Ensures a high standard of safety and accessibility to all programs.
- Facilitates collaborative research activities and faculty exchanges with partners overseas to further internationalize Stony Brook’s research and outreach endeavors.