What We Can Do For You And Your Small Business
The SBDC has many benefits that will help you build and maintain a strong & valuable business.
To request an appointment with one of our Certified Business Advisors, please click here.
Once you have completed and signed the Request for Counseling form, please return it to the SBDC via fax at 631-632-7176, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Request for Counseling
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-6016
Here are some of the services we provide…
- Confidential & No Cost One-on-One Counseling at one of many locations in Suffolk County.
- On-site assistance available—at your business location.
- Monthly business solutions roundtable meetings with business owners.
- Workshops throughout the year offered on key topics and areas of specific concern for business owners. Workshops are presented by area experts in the field. A sampling of topics included have been Franchising, Search Engine Optimization, Operating a Home Based Business, Business Basics, Cash Flow Management, Marketing Strategy.
- We have a staff of Librarians available to us through our Research Network that can assist with market information, industry trends, sample business plans, etc.
- SBDC Business Advisors are NYS Certified, and continually receive training in best business practices & the latest technology.
Help available for as long as you need us
- Assistance with Business Plan creation, with an emphasis on the Executive Summary & Financial Projections.
- Cash Flow analysis.
- Thorough understanding of SBA programs (i.e. 7A & 504 loans), and other financial and agency assistance programs, both public and private, available to small businesses. Financing referrals for all needs including, equipment and building acquisition.
- Start up procedures for new businesses or business planning for growth of existing businesses.
- Market Research Data and marketing planning, including social media.
- Patent and intellectual property assistance
If you have further questions about our services, please call us directly at 631-632-9837.
Please click on the workshop you are interested in for more information. For a full Google Calendar of Events, please visit www.stonybrook.edu/sbdc/events.
October 24, 31 and November 7, 2016
9:00am - 11:00am
Full - Call for wait list
Hot Topics in Labor and Employment
October 27, 2016
How To Write A Business Plan
November 7, 2016- CLOSED/FULL
*Call for wait list
Alternative Lending Resources for Small Businesses
November 10, 2016
Women's Empowerment Circle
December 8, 2016
5:30pm - 8:30pm