Convenient Locations in Suffolk County
Stony Brook Small Business Development Center
Research and Development Park,
Research and Support Services (Building 17), Room 146
Stony Brook University, NY 11794-6016
Using GPS? Enter 1512 Stony Brook Road, which will bring you to the entrance of the Research and Development Park. Follow the last bullet point in the directions below to find the Research and Support Services Building.
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS ON GOOGLE MAPS.
For Google, or other GPS systems, use Saint James instead of Stony Brook.
FROM THE LONG ISLAND EXPRESSWAY:
• LIE Exit 62 North (Route 97, Nicolls Road.) Proceed for about 7 miles.
• Make a left onto Nesconset Highway (Route 347.) Travel west for about one mile.
• At the second traffic light, make a right onto Stony Brook Road.
• Continue north for about 2 miles, passing the University entrance traffic light.
• Make a left into the entrance to the Research and Development Park.
• Travel one mile (passing the CEWIT Building on the right) and Building 17 will be on your left. Come into the left-hand entrance with the blue awning. Once inside, go slightly to the right and look for the signs for the Small Business Development Center.
FROM NORTHERN STATE PARKWAY:
• Take Northern State Parkway to the end, and bear left at the fork in the road (just past the State Office Buildings on the right.) Road is now Nesconset Highway
• Continue for about 8 miles, passing Smith Haven Mall on your right.
• Pass the traffic light at the Red Lobster & Friendly’s, get into the left lane.
• Make a left at the next light, which is Stony Brook Road (see Duane Reade on the northwest corner, Hess gas station on the northeast corner.)
Follow directions, above, "From the L.I. Expressway."
Link to Google Maps Link to campus map Link to Written Directions
To make our services closer to you, counselors keep office hours at several satellite locations. Days of the week may vary so please call 631-632-9070 to schedule an appointment. You will receive directions to the location with your appointment confirmation.
SHIRLEY: Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Public Library
William Floyd Parkway
RIVERHEAD: County Clerk's Office in the County Center
*Now with extended days and hours*
HUNTINGTON: Huntington Town Hall
HAUPPAUGE: H. Lee Dennison Building, Office of Minority Affairs
Nesconset Highway (347)
FARMINGVILLE: Bookhaven Town Hall, Women's Services
PATCHOGUE: Briarcliffe College
West Main Street
SOUTHAMPTON: Stony Brook Southampton
UPTON: Brookhaven National Lab
William Floyd Parkway
BRENTWOOD: Brentwood Public Library
PATCHOGUE: Patchouge-Medford Library
East Main Street
Please click on the workshop you are interested in for more information. For a full Google Calendar of Events, please visit www.stonybrook.edu/sbdc/events.
Is There a Food Truck in Your Future?
September 18, 2014
Constant Contact - Best Practices and Surveys
September 30, 2014
Constant Contact - Coupons and Deals
October 14, 2014
Protecting and Profiting from Your Intellectual Property
October 23, 2014