Research News - Winter 2017 - FRS Update (Page 1); Post Doc Hiring (Page 7)
Stony Brook University Research News - Fall 2016
E-Mail re: Reducing Administrative Burdens for Investigators
- A Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held on 5/16/17.
- Final Task Force reports are due on June 16. There will be two meetings subsequent to this to review and prioritize the recommendations being made.
- Concurrent with this initiative and the Project 50 Forward Travel Services Project, the possible implementation of Procurement Cards and Travel Cards are being reviewed.
- A Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held on 4/18/17.
- Final Task Force reports will be due mid-June 2017
- Many Task Forces have prioritized identified issues already.
- The Facilities Task Force Lead has had discussions with Bob Megna, who has several proposals under review.
- A Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held on 3/21/17.
- Task Forces continue to meet with SMEs in their areas.
- It is felt that the implementation of the Click project will address several issues currently being explored. Click project leads Adnan Rangwala and Lydia Chabza have met with several Task Forces.
- Task Forces have also had productive meetings with SMEs from Humun Resources and Procurement.
- A joint Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held on 2/21/17. Much progress has been made by all Task Forces.
- As of 2/21/17, and after a third broadcast email, there are 199 questionnaire responses. Responses have been sorted and forwarded to Task Force Leads.
- As of 2/21/17, there have been 2,001 visits to this page by 541 unique visitors.
- As of 2/7/17, there are over 150 responses to the online questionnaire. After data cleanup and sorting, they are forwarded to the applicable Task Force Lead.
- A reminder (3rd email) to complete the online survey was broadcast on 2/7/17.
- Task Forces started to meet amongst themselves. Rich Reeder has met with each of the task force groups except for one, which is scheduled.
- Rich Reeeder met with Chairs and Deans to encourage their participation in the process
- Analysis of the first 71 responses to the online questionnaire was performed and parsed to the task forces. A second email was sent out to remind recipients that the questionnaire is still open.
- The Steering Committee met on 1/20/17 to discuss progress and review questionnaire feedback. Task Force Leads were invited to participate in this meeting.
- E-mail sent to 18,300 Faculty & Students requesting their input on Administrative Burdens.
- Rich Reeder met with CAS Chairs to discuss the project.
- Project website and Qualtrics questionnaire finalized.
- Rich Reeder met with School of Medicine Chairs to discuss the project.
- Task Force Leads identified and met with Rich Reeder for a project orientation.
- A "survey" has been drafted in Qualtrics.
- A website to support the project is being worked on.
- The Fall 2016 OVPR Newsletter discussed the project.
- Rich Reeder has met with RAC, DAC and other groups to discuss the project.
- Steering Committee nominated task force members and leads, as well as identified key SMEs for each Task Force.