Facilitating Researcher Success - Final Summary Report
Research News - Winter 2017 - FRS Update (Page 1); Post Doc Hiring (Page 7)
Stony Brook University Research News - Fall 2016
E-Mail re: Reducing Administrative Burdens for Investigators
- Final report was presented to President Stanley.
- Report draft was sent to Task Force Leads for their comments. After their revisions were incorporated, the report was sent to the Steering Committee for comments. The Committee's comments were then incorporated into the final report.
- After careful review of all nine Task Force reports, Task Force Leads and Steering Committee members developed a prioritized list of recommendations that require significant resources and / or time to implement. This involved lengthy discussions regarding a rubric to score the recommendations.
- A rough draft of the "final" report underwent editing and revisions.
- Dr. Reeder updated the Project 50 Forward Steering Committee on the project's status in late September.
- Task Force final reports were submitted on schedule. They are being reviewed and summarized.
- The monthly Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held. TF Leads summarized their findings.
- A Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held on 5/16/17.
- Final Task Force reports are due on June 16. There will be two meetings subsequent to this to review and prioritize the recommendations being made.
- Concurrent with this initiative and the Project 50 Forward Travel Services Project, the possible implementation of Procurement Cards and Travel Cards are being reviewed.
- A Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held on 4/18/17.
- Final Task Force reports will be due mid-June 2017
- Many Task Forces have prioritized identified issues already.
- The Facilities Task Force Lead has had discussions with Bob Megna, who has several proposals under review.
- A Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held on 3/21/17.
- Task Forces continue to meet with SMEs in their areas.
- It is felt that the implementation of the Click project will address several issues currently being explored. Click project leads Adnan Rangwala and Lydia Chabza have met with several Task Forces.
- Task Forces have also had productive meetings with SMEs from Humun Resources and Procurement.
- A joint Steering Committee / Task Force Leads meeting was held on 2/21/17. Much progress has been made by all Task Forces.
- As of 2/21/17, and after a third broadcast email, there are 199 questionnaire responses. Responses have been sorted and forwarded to Task Force Leads.
- As of 2/21/17, there have been 2,001 visits to this page by 541 unique visitors.
- As of 2/7/17, there are over 150 responses to the online questionnaire. After data cleanup and sorting, they are forwarded to the applicable Task Force Lead.
- A reminder (3rd email) to complete the online survey was broadcast on 2/7/17.
- Task Forces started to meet amongst themselves. Rich Reeder has met with each of the task force groups except for one, which is scheduled.
- Rich Reeeder met with Chairs and Deans to encourage their participation in the process
- Analysis of the first 71 responses to the online questionnaire was performed and parsed to the task forces. A second email was sent out to remind recipients that the questionnaire is still open.
- The Steering Committee met on 1/20/17 to discuss progress and review questionnaire feedback. Task Force Leads were invited to participate in this meeting.
- E-mail sent to 18,300 Faculty & Students requesting their input on Administrative Burdens.
- Rich Reeder met with CAS Chairs to discuss the project.
- Project website and Qualtrics questionnaire finalized.
- Rich Reeder met with School of Medicine Chairs to discuss the project.
- Task Force Leads identified and met with Rich Reeder for a project orientation.
- A "survey" has been drafted in Qualtrics.
- A website to support the project is being worked on.
- The Fall 2016 OVPR Newsletter discussed the project.
- Rich Reeder has met with RAC, DAC and other groups to discuss the project.
- Steering Committee nominated task force members and leads, as well as identified key SMEs for each Task Force.