From: Richard J. Reeder, Interim Vice President for Research
Subject: Conflict of Interest Reporting Is Going Paperless with New myResearch (Huron Click)
The myResearch (Huron Click) Conflict of Interest Module is live!
This electronic submission process replaces our current PDF forms that need to be submitted with every proposal, at the time of PHS/NIH annual anniversaries, and as part of IRB submissions. Instead, you will complete an online Annual Certification of outside interests in an effort to streamline business processes and reduce faculty administrative burden. Research certifications may be required at the time of an award or protocol submission to clarify if a specific interest is related to a specific project. CITI Training remains unchanged as required within the last four years.
Beginning April 17th
the following groups are required to start submitting an Annual Certification in myResearch.
1. Faculty members that participate in research;
2. Staff that meet the definition of Investigator and are named on a current funded project or proposal submitted within the last year; and
3. Staff named as study personnel on IRB submissions that have current or pending funding.
Beginning May 1st :
The PDF forms will no longer be required for any proposal submissions, PHS award anniversaries, or for staff named in IRB submissions.
During this May transition month, all faculty and staff (as required above) must have an Annual Certification in myResearch for new awards. PHS award anniversaries and new IRB submissions.
Beginning June 1st :
The myResearch COI Module will be fully implemented. Any changes in outside interests must be reported in myResearch within 30 days of acquiring said interest and Annual Certifications will be due each year by May 1st .
Login information, training videos, and CITI Training information are available at http://myresearch.stonybrook.edu .
- The Investigator Conflict of Interest Policy (P209) has been revised.
- Standard Operating Procedures are now posted on the ORC COI website.