Bio Careers, online career service
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is a member of Biocareers.com, an online career service that provides an in-depth look at a variety of post-graduate career paths in the sciences. Bio Careers has a Jobs Board with over 1,400 listings; virtual job fairs; free webinars, workshops and articles on job searching strategies; and a highly regarded blog relevant to Postdoc issues.
(1) Go to http://stonybrook.biocareers.com.
(2) Click on the Login/Register button at the bottom of the navigation bar
(3) Fill out the Registration Form and create a User Name and Password
Note: Even after you have moved on from Stony Brook University, you can still maintain your free membership and take advantage of Biocareers’ services. Good luck in your search!
As a member of the postdoctoral community at Stony Brook University, you are entitled to a free membership with Science Alliance, the career and professional development branch of the New York Academy of Sciences. To take advantage of your membership, go to www.nyas.org/saenroll and get started today. Membership benefits include:
- Free or discounted registration to Discussion Groups in myriad scientific areas
- Free registration to Career and Professional Development events
- Free access to all live and archived webinars of the Academy
- Free access to a vast and growing library of over 300 Academy eBriefings which provide complete, multimedia reports of Academy meetings and conferences
- Free access to Annals Online, a database of thousands of downloadable scientific articles and reviews from the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
- Reduced registration to Academy conferences
- Reduced registration to Science & the City events
- The New York Academy of Sciences magazine (three times per year)
Stony Brook University Career Center
The Career Center offers a wide variety of exciting events, workshops and programs for Stony Brook Postdocs. Check out their Calendar of Events for more details. Postdocs are also invited to visit the Career Center for help with writing and formatting your resume or CV. Walk-ins are welcome on Thursdays from 10 am-noon, or you can make an appointment by calling 632-6810.
Strategies and Tactics for NIH & NSF Grant Writing
September 22, 29, October 6, 9:00-10:30am
Postdocs' Coffee Hour, First Tuesday of every month
October 7, 2014, 9:00am
Practical Professional Skills
Navigating Complex Organizations
October 9, 2014, 1:00-2:30pm
Women's Leadership Symposium
October 10, 2014, 9:00am-4:30pm
NYAS Science Alliance Fall Programs
See upcoming programs from NYAS (some available as Webinars).
Join us on Facebook
Join us on LinkedIn