The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Fall 2015 Workshop Leader Applications
Are you interested in volunteering to lead a workshop next fall?
If you answered "yes" to that question, please read on...
It's time to begin planning OLLI Fall 2015 Workshops! Workshop leader applications are now available for you to complete and will be accepted until April 15. Immediately thereafter, the office will begin scheduling workshops, confirming room reservations, and conducting negotiations to put together the September program.
Workshop Leader Application Deadline
Whether you are a returning workshop leader or considering leading an OLLI workshop for the first time, PLEASE submit your application no later than the deadline date, Wednesday, April 15.
Important: The first run of the Fall 2015 schedule begins IMMEDIATELY after the application deadline on April 15. Workshop leader applications that are submitted on time will be given first consideration for available days, times and rooms per the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices offered on their applications. Those applications which are submitted after the deadline will be scheduled into whatever rooms and time slots are still available.
Application Guidelines & Links
OLLI offers applicants an electronic, online version of the form that can be automatically submitted from our website directly to the office or a printable version that you must download, print, complete and return in person or via mail. We encourage you to PLEASE USE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. It is easy to fill out and is a HUGE time-saver for volunteers and staff who must organize all of the applications and create the schedule.
- Click here to complete and submit the online form.
- Click here to download, print and fill out the printable version of the form. Once completed, remember to mail or deliver your form to the OLLI office before the April 15 deadline.
Fall Semester Dates
Fall semester at OLLI begins on Monday, September 14 and end on Friday, December 4.
- Thanksgiving break will be observed Monday, November 23 through Friday, November 27.
- There will be no workshops offered during Thanksgiving break.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Spring Workshop Information
- Spring 2015 Bulletin - Includes workshop descriptions, 25 pages (PDF)
- Spring 2015 Workshop Schedule - Lists workshops by day and time, 2 pages (PDF)
- Online Course Catalog - The most current, up-to-date, searchable online information containing all active OLLI workshops and special events.
- Spring 2015 Open Seats Workshop List - Open registration is closed. Once workshops are in session, open seats are only assigned per the instructor's discretion.