The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Winter Storm Information
OLLI Office is open
- The Lottery Results email that was originally scheduled to be sent Monday, January 26 was sent on Thursday, January 29. This delay is due to our 2 day office closure on Monday and Tuesday. Please continue to watch your email and this webpage for updates.
Visit the SB Advisories webpage on the Stony Brook University Emergency Operations Center website for the latest information regarding storm related closures. When classes at the University are cancelled, workshops at OLLI will also be cancelled. For information specific to OLLI, visit the Announcements section on the OLLI home page.
Spring 2015 OLLI "Open" Workshop Registration
Registration for Spring 2015 workshops is complete, the lottery has been run, and lottery results have been sent via email to all members who registered. Open Registration begins on Monday, February 2 at 12:00 noon.
- Open Registration - begins Monday, February 2 at 12:00 noon. Download and print a copy of the Spring 2015 Open Seats Workshop List. Members can register for up to 2 workshops with open seats. List is revised weekly. 1 page (PDF)
First day of workshops: Monday, February 16
- Workshops for Spring 2015 are scheduled to begin on Monday, February 16 and ending on Friday, May 8. After the experience last winter with blizzards, icy roads, and cancelled workshops, OLLI will begin our Spring Semester a little bit later than usual. We hope this will reduce lost days for bad weather at startup.
- OLLI's Spring 2015 semester will be 12 consecutive weeks. There will be no break during the university's spring break (Monday, March 16 - Friday, March 20). This allows OLLI to finish its Spring Semester before the university begins final exams on May 11.
Spring 2015 Workshop Catalogs/Schedule
- Spring 2015 Bulletin - Includes workshop descriptions, 25 pages (PDF)
- Spring 2015 Workshop Schedule - Lists workshops by day and time, 2 pages (PDF)
- Online Course Catalog - The most current, up-to-date, searchable online information containing all active OLLI workshops and special events.
OLLI Events Calendar
nicollsroad - OLLI's new literary review - now online
The Arts Council is pleased to announce publication of nicollsroad, OLLI's very own literary review. Visit the Arts Council webpage to learn more and view the Spring 2014 review.