The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Fall 2016 Information
To make the fall registration process just a little bit simpler, we are offering 3 weeks to register and offering two separate registration events:
- 2016-2017 Membership Registration: OLLI at Stony Brook University will start accepting memberships and fees ONLY (no workshop registration) Monday, July 18 through Sunday, July 24. The annual membership fee is $325 and includes 2016-2017 fall/spring/summer programs.
- Workshop Registration: Membership registration continues and workshop registration begins and runs Monday, July 25 through Friday, August 5.
Office staff and registration volunteers will be answering phone calls during normal business hours throughout the registration period, Monday through Friday, to help you with your registration-related questions. Please be patient and we will try to answer every call as quickly as possible. If you need to leave voice messages, please keep them as brief as possible, speak clearly, and include your first and last name and a phone number where we can reach you.
OLLI Phone Numbers: 631-632-OLLI (6554) or 631-632-7063
To avoid the anticipated high call volume and walk-in office traffic during the online registration dates, we recommend that you prepare early and TEST YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION USERNAME AND PASSWORD NOW! Sign in at https://www.campusce.net/stonybrook/account/signin.aspx
On-site registration labs: 9 sessions
Office staff and volunteers will be available for 2 hours on each of the following days in SBS-N123 to work with those who need a little help with the online registration process. These on-site registration labs allow you to sit down at one of our computers with a helper to guide you through your registration.
- Tuesday, 10AM-12NOON (July 19th, July 26th, August 2nd)
- Wednesday, 10AM-12NOON (July 20th, July 27th, August 3rd)
- Thursday, 10AM-12NOON (July 21st, July 28th, August 4th)
Course Catalog and Schedule
The Fall 2016 course catalog is ready for your review. Below are links to the printable version of the catalog (bulletin), the printable workshop schedule, and the online course catalog. These links can also be found on the OLLI website's Home page and Registration page. If you are unable to print from home, copies of the printable documents will be available in the OLLI office for you to pick up during normal business hours.
- Fall 2016 Bulletin - Includes workshop descriptions, 28 pages (PDF)
- Fall 2016 Workshop Schedule - Lists workshop by day and time, 2 pages (PDF)
- Online Course Catalog - The most current, up-to-date, searchable online information containing all active OLLI workshops and special events.
More Fall 2016 Dates
Workshops for Fall 2016 are scheduled to begin on
- The Fall 2016 session will begin on Thursday, September 22.
- Thanksgiving break will be Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25 (no workshops).
- The Fall 2016 session will end on Friday, December 9.