The OLLI Arts Council will utilize the Art Wall & Display Case in room SBS S102 to create a gallery of members' art to be enjoyed throughout the semester.
It is the goal of the OLLI Arts Council to include all members. Your work will not be judged.
- ALL WORK FOR ART WALL MUST BE FRAMED, WIRED AND READY TO HANG. Please label the back of your work with your name, title of work, address and telephone number.
- No size requirements - Work is exhibited based on availability of space.
- All media is accepted (water color, oil, photographs, weavings, carvings, sculpture, jewelry, etc.)
- NO EARLY REMOVALS PLEASE - Art Work must remain for the OLLI Literary Tea. All participants must commit to the entire length of the exhibit.
- Art work must be created by members only (not necessarily in an OLLI workshop).
- Email Laura.West@StonyBrook.edu with your name, title of work and media to register.
nicollsroad - Fall 2014 edition
The Fall 2014 edition is now accepting submissions for our online literary review, nichollsroad, It will be available at the end of the semester to all OLLI Members. It is sponsored by the OLLI Arts Council.
It is the mission of nichollsroad to publish the best poetry, short fiction and essays, as well as selected visual art, created exclusively by members of OLLI Stony Brook. We want to give the many writers and artists among OLLI members an opportunity to publish their work. Through blind submissions, the Editorial Board will determine impartially which member works shall be accepted. We invite you to submit your best work.
- We are currently seeking submissions of poetry and short fiction (2,500 word limit) and essays. (Memoirs will not be accepted.) We will also consider including a small number of drawings, cartoons and other forms of visual art. Submitted work may have been previously published if the author holds the copyright. We will read and consider 3-5 short poems or one long poem and/or one short story or one essay.
- To submit: Send an email to email@example.com.
- In the body of the email, include your full name and the titles of your work
- Attach the works separately without your name. Attachments should be doc, docx, or rtf. Artwork must be sent as jpeg.
- Each work submitted will be read by three or more members of the Editorial Board. We will select work that is original and well crafted. Not all submitted work can be published so send us your best.
- Submission deadline is Friday, Oct 31st.
NO PAPER SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE EMAILED TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address questions to Bob Stone, editor at the above address.