Associate Professor & Graduate Program Director (MSE)
Our research group's efforts are directed towards understanding the fundamental structure-property
relationships in advanced materials over multiple (structural or functional) length-scales,
the appropriate contexts for which are formulated by materials issues in the Nanotechnology,
Biotechnology and Energy Technology areas.
308 Engineering Bldg. Stony Brook, NY
- 2015 Faculty Advisor to the following award recipient
- "Z. Zhi, Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award"
- 2014 Faculty Advisor to the following award recipient
- "P. Routh, Best Poster Award, Advanced Energy Conference, NY"
- 2013 Faculty Advisor to the following award recipient
- "G. Cheng, President’s Award for Distinguished Doctoral Student"
- 2010 Most Helpful Faculty Award – Society for Hispanic and Professional Engineers
- 2007 Who’s Who Among American Teachers and Educators
- 2007 Faculty Advisor to the following award recipient
- "H. Lan, Outstanding Graduate Researcher Award"
- "2006 Faculty Advisor to the following award recipients
- "R. Kar-Gupta, Outstanding Graduate Researcher Award"
- C. Marcheselli, Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award"
- 2006 CAREER Award - National Science Foundation
- 2005 Research Competitiveness Award – Louisiana Board of Regents
- 2001 DURINT - Nanotechnology Research Award (Co-Investigator, with S. Suresh (PI),
J. Ying and L. Anand, MIT), Office of Naval Research ($5.5M)
- 1998 Outstanding Reviewer Award – Acta Materialia
- 1995 Sigma Xi, National Honor Society
- Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, 1998, Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
Cambridge, MA (with a minor in Business Administration from the Sloan School of Management)
- Bachelor of Technology, 1992, Metallurgical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology,
- Associate Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Stony Brook
University, September 2013 - Present.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Stony Brook
University, August 2007 - August 2013.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tulane University, July
2003 - June 2007.