Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society Collection
Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society
The collection was acquired in 1976.
Extent, Scope, and Content Note
The collection is comprised of 10.5 linear inches of: correspondence, by-laws, news
clippings, minutes, programs, newsletters, and printed matter, dating from 1974 to
The Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society is a volunteer society founded in 1974 in Oakdale, Long Island, New York.
Andrew Eddy was the organization's first president. The society is dedicated to developing
greater public use of the arboretum, fostering cooperation with other horticultural
societies, and encouraging and supporting other educational programs.
Arrangement and Processing Note
The collection is arranged in the order in which it was received. The collection
was processed by Kristen J. Nyitray, Associate Librarian/Head of Special Collections and University Archives/University
Archivist, Stony Brook University (SBU) in 2005.
Website by Kristen J. Nyitray. Last updated March 2014.
Restrictions on Access
The collection is open to researchers without restriction.
Ownership and Literary Rights
Stony Brook University Libraries.
[Item], [Box], Bayard Cutting Arboretum Horticultural Society Collection, Special Collections, Stony Brook University Libraries.
Arboretums New York (State) Long Island.
Horticulture New York (State) Long Island.
Long Island (N.Y.) Societies, etc.
Oakdale (N.Y.) Societies, etc.
- constitution, January 1975
- correspondence, 1974 (2f)
- correspondence, 1975 (3f)
- correspondence, undated
- "W.K. Vanderbilt Historical Society Early Cutting Notes from S.C. News"
- educational programs (1976-1984)
- financial reports (1974-1976)
- Friendship Azalea Garden
- "Horticultural Conservational Historical Society" newsletter (1975-1976)
- "Long Island African Violet Society" newsletter (November-December, 1975; January
1976; April 1976; May 1976)
- meeting minutes (1974-1976)
- newsletters (1975)
- newsletters (1975-1976)
- newsletters (1976-1979)
- news clippings
- "Outwash: N.Y.S.O.E.A. Region One Newsletter" (v.1 no. 2; winter 1975-1976)
- pesticide applicator certification documents
- press releases
- "Sandpiper: Great South Bay Audubon Society, Inc." (January-February 1976; May-June
- "South Shore Skimmer" (May 1976)
- "Suffolk County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs" newsletter (February 1976)
- related ephemeral materials