The Latin American and Caribbean Studies Center
and Hispanic Heritage Month Committee announces the:
A. Sanchez Construction Corporation Scholarship
Undergraduate Award for Academic Achievement
We thank the vision and generosity of Amelio Sanchez for this award.
This annual award is to recognize an undergraduate student attending Stony Brook University who has shown outstanding academic achievement, scholarly promise and service and leadership to the community.
Latino/Latina juniors and first semester seniors in the College of Arts and Science with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA are eligible to apply.
Procedure for applying:
- Submit a copy of your undergraduate transcript (transfer students must submit transcripts from previous institutions of higher education attended).
- Submit two letters of recommendation from members of the faculty familiar with your academic work. Faculty can e-mail signed letters to email@example.com
- Submit a (maximum) two-page, typed essay that explains your accomplishments, your major academic interest and how your current studies relate to your future professional or intellectual development.
- Submit a brief resume indicating any relevant academic prizes, community and work experience or research projects.
Due Date: OCTOBER 15, 2013
Latin American & Caribbean Studies Center
Social & Behavioral Sciences, Room N-335
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4345
For questions or additional information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS & EVENTS:
Tinker Grant: 2014 Roundtable Discussion
Wednesday, September 24th
• Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-4345 • Phone: 631.632.7517 • Fax: 631.632.9432