Graduate Scholarship Opportunities
|The Center for Korean Studies is pleased to announce graduate scholarship opportunities in Korean Studies. This scholarship aims to encourage graduate-level research and dialogues on Korea-related topics at Stony Brook University. $3,000 will be awarded per recipient and two positions are open for Spring 2016. The positions are renewable upon review. The scholarship awardees will be invited to an undergraduate seminar in Korean Studies to present their research.|
- Full-time MA or Ph.D. students currently enrolled in the fields of humanities, social sciences, and arts in Stony Brook University.
- Students whose main research project includes topics related to Korea.
- International students are also eligible.
- Cover letter
- Completed Graduate Application form.
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement (1000-1500 words)
- Unofficial school transcript
- A recommendation letter from the primary academic advisor
All required documents should be submitted to:
CENTER FOR KOREAN STUDIES
N5520 MELVILLE LIBRARY
Application Deadline: Tuesday March 15, 2017
Spring 2015 Graduate Scholarship Awardee
Wonho Yeon, Ph.D student in Economics
Spring 2014 Graduate Scholarship Awardees
Richard Cho, Ph.D student in Political Science
Hyang-gi Song, Ph.D student in Sociology