Upcoming Information Sessions
Getting Nominated for the Beinecke Scholarship
The Beinecke Scholarship is a nationally competitive and prestigious award to help fund students planning
to pursue a Master's or Doctoral program in the Arts, Humanities, or Social Sciences.
An institutional nomination is required and Stony Brook may nominate only one student
to compete at the national level.
- Junior status (defined by Beinecke as a full-time undergraduate student who will be graduating between December 2018 and August 2019)
- Plan to enter a Master's or Doctoral program in the Arts, Humanities, or Social Sciences
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid
- Cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher strongly recommended
- Apply by the Campus Nomination Deadline of January 10, 2018, no exceptions. Stony Brook may nominate only one student to compete at the national level.