External Scholarships & Fellowships Advising
What We Do: External Scholarships & Fellowships Advising seeks to create a culture where SBU students and postdocs consider applying for nationally competitive awards early in their careers. We work to recruit promising applicants and to support them in developing their materials. Nationally competitive fellowships generally include merit-based funding for students and postdocs to support study, experiential learning and research domestically or abroad. Our advising focuses on awards that require an on-campus nomination or interview process, but we can be consulted on a variety of opportunities.
What We Provide:
- One-on-one advising
- Essay draft review
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Professional skills development workshops
- Informational sessions on scholarships and fellowships
- Connections to faculty, staff, and off-campus resources
How To Get Started:
2. Come to an information session or stop by Drop-In Hours to learn more:
Click here for a list of upcoming information sessions that will updated throughout the semester
Drop-In Hours are held in the Career Center on Fridays from 10am - 12pm when classes are in session
4. Start writing and then email External Scholarships & Fellowships Advisor Jen Green to schedule a Draft Review Appointment at least several weeks prior to the application deadline.
5. Stay connected and let us know if questions come up as you're writing.
External Scholarships & Fellowships Advisor: