External Fellowships Advising
What We Do: IREP seeks to create a culture where SBU students and postdocs consider applying for nationally competitive fellowships early in their careers. We work to recruit promising applicants and to support them in developing their materials. Nationally competitive fellowships generally include merit-based funding for students and postdocs to support study, experiential learning and research, and may even include opportunities abroad. IREP's advising focuses on fellowships that require an on-campus nomination or interview process, but we can be consulted on a variety of opportunities.
What We Provide:
- One-on-one advising
- Essay draft review
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Professional skills development workshops
- Informational sessions on scholarships and fellowships
- Connections to faculty, staff, and off-campus resources
How To Get Started:
1. Sign up for the IREP Update to receive timely information on opportunities and resources.
To subscribe to the IREP Update click here
You can also search other funding databases HERE.
3. Come to an IREP Information Session or stop by Drop-In Hours.
Fellowships Advising Drop-In Hours at the Career Center:
Fridays 10am - 12pm
Fellowships Advising Drop-In Hours at the Graduate School:
4. Start writing and then make a Draft Review Appointment with IREP.
Contact External Fellowships Advisor Jennifer Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Stay connected and let us know if questions come up as you're writing.
External Fellowships Advisor
Office for the Integration of Research, Education, and Professional Development (IREP Office)
Stony Brook University
2401 Computer Science Building
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4433