What is IREP?
Stony Brook University has a strong history of programs working at the intersection of its research and educational missions. The IREP Office was established in 2013 to strengthen and expand this tradition across campus by encouraging communication and collaboration amongst campus stakeholders. The IREP Office works to foster coordination between existing programs and units in order to cultivate a vibrant and diverse community of scholars, promote and spread effective practices across the university, and develop initiatives to round out these offerings. IREP's key initiatives serve undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars (postdocs).
IREP works to:
- Strengthen experiential learning opportunities for undergraduates;
- Foster existing and new professional skills development opportunities for graduate students and postdocs;
- Support the useful completion of Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for graduate students and postdocs;
- With the Career Center, departments and programs, enhance resources and opportunities for exploration of a broad range of careers for our students and postdocs;
- Support activities on campus that promote entrepreneurship by developing plans for a student-centered Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation;
- Provide support for the development of individual fellowships and training grants; and
- Maintain the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, which supports and advises Stony Brook's postdoctoral scholars.