|Biochemistry & Structural Biology
- : Genetic transformation of plant cells by Agrobacterium, intercellular transport of plant viruses/ plant cell proteins, remodeling of plant chromatin by histone modifications.
- : Regulation of gene expression during Drosophila development.
- : Role of protein glycosylation in signal transduction & quality control.
- : Chromosome behavior during meiosis.
- : Post-transcriptional gene regulatory processes in prokaryotes.
- : Structural biology of macromolecular assemblies.
- : Membrane protein structure & structure function of lipid membrane domains.
- : Vesicle trafficking, membrane fusion, cytokinesis, signal transduction, & extracellular matrix assembly.
- : Structure & function of membrane proteins .
- : Mechanisms of cell fate determination & embryonic development.
- : Dynamics of blood flow & cellular transport during cardiovascular pathologies.
- : Wound healing, tissue engineering & skin disorders.
- : Development of electrical, optical, mechanical & chemical tools to study cardiac cells & heart tissue.
- : Integrative Skeletal Adaptation & Genetics.
- : Development of biomedical optical devices for diagnostics & therapy.
- : Neurobiology of emotional arousal, & its effects on physiology & cognition.
- : Physical mechanisms involved in the control of tissue growth, healing, & homeostasis.
- : Cellular mechanisms of bone growth, healing, & homeostasis.
- : Development of nanobiosystems for diagnostic & therapeutic.
- : Nanostructure materials for applications in bioseparation, drug delivery & biosensors.
- : Bacterial biofilms
- : Chemical biology/protein engineering
- : Inorganic materials, implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICD) battery improvement.
- : Drug design & discovery (anticancer agents, antibacterial agents, enzyme inhibitors), medicinal chemistry & chemical biology, catalytic asymmetric synthesis, organic synthesis by means of organometallic reagents & catalysts, homogeneous catalysis & organometallic chemistry, peptide & peptidomimetics, beta-lactam chemistry, & organofluorine chemistry (fluoroamino acids & peptides, medicinal applications).
- : Relation between protein structure & function & synthesis of chemical tools to probe & control biological function.
Ecology & Evolution
- : Applied ecology & conservation biology.
- : Phylogenetics, molecular evolution, tropical deforestation
- : Molecular evolution, phylogenetic analysis, & population genetics.
- : Biogeography, conservation biology, & ecology.
- : Biological invasions, plant population & community ecology, meta-analysis & ecological statistics.
- : Genetic and phenotypic diversity, evolutionary genomics.
- : Ecology, conservation biology & quantitative ecology.
- : Aquatic ecology, applied ecology, conservation biology, marine ecology.
Molecular Genetics & Microbiology
- : Pathogenesis of spirochetal infections & their host responses.
- : Molecular mechanisms of bacterial pathogenesis or host protection interactions.
- : Signaling mechanism in of T cells
- : Retroviral protein assembly & molecular basis of resistance to drugs.
- : Cancer; cell cycle; microarrays; computational biology; yeast genetics
- : Adenovirus (Ad) regulation of cellular growth & gene expression; Ad assembly & viral vectors for gene therapy
- : Molecular mechanisms of cell growth & development in yeast.
- : Virus-host interactions during chronic gammaherpesvirus infections.
- : Rotavirus & Hantavirus Pathogenesis.
- : The mammalian T cell response to Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium.
- : RNA virus genetics, replication, pathogenicity, cellular receptors.
- : Molecular regulation of apoptotic & necrotic cell death.
Neurobiology & Behavior
- : Mechanosensory signaling in ciliated sensory neurons & sperm flagella.
- : Neuronal circuits & plasticity.
- : Synaptic vesicle cycle that mediates chemical neurotransmission.
- : Functional effects of neurotrophins in neonatal & adult mammals.
- : Generation, plasticity, & maintenance of cholinergic & cholinoceptive synapses in the mammalian brain.
- : Molecular mechanisms of synaptic transmission, glutamatergic synapses.
- : Interactions of bacterial pathogens with host cells of innate immunity.
- : Mechanism of translational control mediated by miRNAs in cancer.
- : Innate immune system contribution to the pathology of tissue injury.
- : Stem cell research.
- : Function & regulation of the p53 gene family in normal cells & cancer cells.
- : Identification of mechanisms involving radiation induced myeloid leukemia. Biomarkers for radiation & multiple sclerosis.
- : Cancer biomarkers as diagnostic adjuncts in surgical pathology & cytopathology.
Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology
- : Repair pathways for oxidative DNA damage & genetic regulatory systems that govern cellular responses to oxidative stress & nitric oxide.
- : Roles for lipid signaling pathways in cellular & physiological settings.
- : Signal transduction in differentiation & development: role of molecular scaffold proteins.
- : Molecular mechanism of protein Kinase & Ubiquitin Ligase signaling in cancer & aging.
- : Neuro-immune interactions: cross-talk between the nervous & immune systems in health & disease.
Physiology & Biophysics
- : Biophysical properties of Gap junction channels.
- : Signal Transduction by Tyrosine Kinases.
- : Gap junction functions defined by genetic diseases & gene knockouts.