TRANSFERRING OUT OF THE IEC
If you wish to attend another school or English program, you will have to request a transfer from IEC to that school. Please be aware of these important facts:
- While you may apply to several schools, you must select the school you will attend before requesting a transfer of your SEVIS record.
- Once your SEVIS record is released (transferred), we will no longer have access to make any changes to your SEVIS record.
- We cannot complete a transfer without proof of acceptance from the new school.
- Your SEVIS record must be transferred out NO LATER than 60 days from the last day of your attendance of the IEC.
If you've been admitted to a U.S. institution and wish to have your SEVIS record transferred, you must complete the Transfer Out Request in accessVIS and upload the following items to when prompted:
- Acceptance Letter issued by the U.S. school or institution you wish to transfer to.
- A receipt from Student Accounts showing all outstanding balances have been paid. Need help finding your Paperless Billing Statement Click here!
- ‘Transfer In’ form from new school/program (if applicable).
- Click the "Full Services" link on the accessVIS homepage.
- Enter your NetID and Password.
- Click on IEC Student Services (located on the left sidebar toward the bottom of the webpage)
- Complete and submit Transfer Out Request.
Once your request has been submitted, this will generate an email to the IEC for approval. Once approved, the Visa & Immigration Office will transfer your record out.