Thinking about financial aid? Have you already applied?
You will find all kinds of useful information in this section regarding financial aid programs, application process, repayment options for student loans, and advice for keeping track of your budget and finances.
If you are enrolling in summer classes, please also check Summer Aid.
What's the next step after applying for financial aid?
- You will receive an email alerting you to go to your SOLAR account to accept or decline your awards and to complete any "To Do" items. Fall/Spring financial aid packaging begins in July.
- On SOLAR you will also find your account information, any anticipated financial aid, and check refunds waiting for you by clicking "Account Summary/What do I owe?”
- Plan your budget: In addition to tuition and fees your estimated monthly living expenses for Fall and Spring will be about $2,000. Living expenses include housing, meals, transportation, books, and personal expenses. Your actual costs may be less depending on your individual situation
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree you are not eligible for federal grants PELL and SEOG
Direct Student Loans - Important Information to Remember
- Enrollment of at least 6 credits towards your degree is required each semester
- When you accept your academic year loans they are for Fall and Spring
- If you are enrolled in modular courses, disbursement will be delayed until you are enrolled and attending for at least 6 credits
- Enroll in direct deposit for student refunds! Refund checks are printed biweekly while refunds through direct deposit are processed daily. Electronic deposits are secure and you can cancel participation at any time. Log into SOLAR to sign up for direct deposit.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, call 631-444-2111, or stop by the office to meet with a financial aid advisor. We'll be happy to assist.
Visit Financial Aid & Scholarship Services for details and more information.