PLACEMENT IN SPANISH CLASSES [Printable PDF]
1) Students who have taken their NY Regents Exams before 2011:
- SPN 111: those who scored 74 or less
- SPN 112: those who scored between 75 and 84*
- SPN 211: those who scored 85 and above*
*Students who score above 75 need to show their High School transcript to the Director of the Language Program, Lilia Ruiz Debbe, Library N3029, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to obtain permission to enroll in SPN 112 or 211.
2) Native or heritage speakers of Spanish: contact Professor Lilia Ruiz Debbe in order to be placed in the correct class.
3) Students who have not taken the Regents before 2011 should take a PLACEMENT EXAM
For more information on language placement exams, see here.
Please contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies in Spanish, Daniela Flesler, Library N3018, Daniela.email@example.com, with any questions.
Updated May 2014
See past eventsTalk
(University of Warwick)
Melville Library N3060
Gerard Aching (Cornell Univ) Monday, Sept 28, 2.30 to 4pm
Javits Center 109
Spanish Conversation Group
Practice your Spanish with free freshly brewed coffee!
Wed 1 to 2 pm in the Dept Lounge
Stay a few minutes or the whole hour!
Image from Colonial Mexico
Department of Hispanic Languages & Literature • Melville Library , N3017, Stony Brook, NY 11794-3371 • 631-632-6935 or 631-632-6959