PLACEMENT IN SPANISH CLASSES [Printable PDF]
1) Students who have taken their NY Regents Exams before 2011:
- SPN 111: those who scored 74 or less
- SPN 112: those who scored between 75 and 84*
- SPN 211: those who scored 85 and above*
*Students who score above 75 need to show their High School transcript to the Director of the Language Program, Lilia Ruiz Debbe, Library N3029, or email it to email@example.com, in order to obtain permission to enroll in SPN 112 or 211.
2) Native or heritage speakers of Spanish: contact Professor Lilia Ruiz Debbe in order to be placed in the correct class.
3) Students who have not taken the Regents before 2011 should take a PLACEMENT EXAM
For more information on language placement exams, see here.
Please contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies in Spanish, Daniela Flesler, Library N3018, Daniela.firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Updated May 2014
See past events
Our Graduation Ceremony:
Student Activity Center
Friday May 23, 2014
Ballroom B, 1.30 pm
2013 Valedictorian Award
See her webpage here!
Department of Hispanic Languages & Literature • Melville Library , N3017, Stony Brook, NY 11794-3371 • 631-632-6935 or 631-632-6959