September 25 - November 22
Healthier U, Walter J. Hawrys Center and Campus Recreation are once again co-sponsoring the Campus Wellness Challenge! Compete as a team or an individual and learn how to make wellness a priority while earning points for a chance to win some great prizes!
WHAT IS IT
Campus Wellness Challenge, which takes place during an eight-week period, is designed to change the way our Stony Brook community thinks about lifestyle choices and to embed healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
All interested parties should register ASAP. More details:
- You can register as an individual or as a team.
- Teams must have five participants and you must have a team name prior to registration.
- If an individual, but interested in having the support and accountability of a group, select "please assign me a team" during registration and we will create teams as necessary.
During registration you will be asked to complete a series of questions that will help us better understand and serve our diverse population through updated and improved health and wellness programs and services.
Please note that all personal information is keep confidential, never shared and only sourced in aggregate.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Participants will receive access to the Healthier U wellness portal, our centralized web-based platform that delivers an exciting and engaging user experience. Participants will earn points through a combination of mandatory and voluntary virtual and live events including:
- Personal Health Assessment and recommended workshops
- Daily water, fruit & vegetable, stress and sleep trackers
- Take quizzes, read blogs, watch videos and much more!
- Report daily workouts, intramural sport participation, fitness classes or club sports participation (reported via the portal)
- Complete pop-up fitness challenges
- Attend campus events including:
- Athletic contests
- Diversity & inclusion celebrations
- Other community experiences
Once registered, participants will receive a welcome email containing more in-depth program details.
- Highest Earners - Top ten individuals and members of the top five teams who accumulate the most points throughout the challenge will win their choice of a Fitbit watch, JBL headphones or Walter J. Hawrys Campus Recreation Center membership ( faculty/staff/graduate students only).
- Completion - All participants who successfully complete the challenge will receive a Fitbit Zip* to help them stay on track with their health and wellness goals!
To create a culture of wellness and community through a combination of virtual and live events which provide participants with the resources to make healthy, sustainable lifestyle choices resulting in an improved state of well-being.
For any questions and/or comments related to the Campus Wellness Challenge, please contact Healthier U.
PROGRAM LIMITED TO 1,000 PARTICIPANTS
BEGINS WEEK OF 9/25
DON'T DELAY, SIGN UP TODAY!
*If participant already has a Fitbit or other fitness activity tracking device, the Fitbit Zip may be exchanged for JBL headphones.