Graduate & Postdoctoral Professional Development at Stony Brook
Build Your Path to a Satisfying Career.
Stony Brook University has a long tradition of integrating its research and educational missions. The Integration of Research, Education, and Professional Development (IREP) Office, established in 2013, strengthens and expands this tradition across campus by fostering collaboration among departments and programs. The IREP Office cultivates a vibrant and diverse community of scholars and develops programming to ensure that undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral scholars receive a well-rounded and multi-dimensional education.
The IREP Office works to:
- Strengthen experiential learning opportunities for undergraduates;
- Foster existing and new professional skills development opportunities for graduate students and postdocs;
- Support the useful completion of Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for graduate students and postdocs;
- With the Career Center, departments and programs, enhance resources and opportunities for exploration of a broad range of careers for our students and postdocs;
- Support activities on campus that promote entrepreneurship by developing plans for a student-centered Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation;
- Provide support for the development of individual fellowships and training grants; and
- Maintain the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, which supports and advises Stony Brook's postdoctoral scholars.
IREP Office offers external fellowships advising and a variety of programming, including the Practical Professional Skill Series and numerous writing and teaching workshops. For more information, please visit the IREP website.