2017 Stony Brook Graduate Student-Postdoc Photo Contest: Entries Due Nov. 27
STONY BROOK, NY -- T he Stony Brook University Graduate School, along with the School of Professional Development, the Graduate Student Organization (GSO), the Center for Inclusive Education (CIE) and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, is pleased to announce the second annual Graduate Student and Postdoc Photo Contest.
At Stony Brook University, we are the curious – the explorers, and the innovators. For our contest, show us what this looks like in your research and work. How are you innovating? What inspires your curiosity? Where and how are you exploring? What have you found?
The contest is open to Stony Brook students currently enrolled in a certificate, master’s or doctoral program as well as Stony Brook-affiliated postdocs. Judging will take place in two phases: Finalists will be selected by a panel of Stony Brook students and administrators; graduate students and postdocs will then vote on the finalists to identify the winning submission.
To the right, MFA student Nicole Hebdon's portrait of Emyle, one of the top entries from the 2016 contest.
All entries will be showcased in an online gallery. The top submissions, as identified by the panel, will be displayed at the Graduate Awards Ceremony in May 2018. The winning photographer will receive a Wolfie Wallet card in the amount of $150.
- Participants can submit up to two photos.
- Photos should be approximately 1920 pixels wide, or the highest resolution available.
- Photos must be accompanied by a caption (100 words or less) explaining the photo and the connection to the contest theme.
- Submissions are due no later then 12:00 pm on Monday, November 27, 2017.
- The panel will identify the finalists by Monday, December 4, 2017.
- On December 5, 2017, finalists will be invited to the GSO holiday party, where they will have the opportunity to speak about their work.
- Voting on the finalists will be open from December 5-11, 2017.
- The online entry form is available at https://goo.gl/forms/bDvRAOMMRROSxVp12.
Terms & Conditions:
By submitting photos, participants grant Stony Brook University permission to display and reproduce the photos, and to use them in ways that promote the University’s mission. Participants retain ownership and copyrights to the photos.
Questions? Contact Susanne Stahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The gallery for the 2016 photo contest is available here.