ad hoc University Senate Committee
Stony Brook University Curriculum Course Certification Committee
As authorized by vote of the University Senate on 4 March 2013, the University Senate Executive Committee hereby creates an ad-hoc committee for the purpose of certifying courses for the Stony Brook University Curriculum.
The name of this committee will be the Stony Brook University Curriculum Course Certification Committee.
Membership on this committee will be comprised of:
- The Arts & Sciences Curriculum Committee
- Two representatives CEAS, appointed by the CEAS Senate
- One representative from the School of Business, appointed by the CEAS Senate
- One representative from the Library, appointed by the Arts & Sciences Senate,
- Two representatives from East Campus, appointed by the HSC Senate, and
- A liaison from the Office of the Provost.
The committee is empowered to expand its membership as necessary.
The Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education will be cognate administrator.
The Secretary of the Arts & Sciences Senate Curriculum Committee will act as secretary of this committee, and will coordinate with the Liaison from the Provost's Office.
Upon completion of the review of all courses proposed for certification in the Stony Brook University curriculum for the 2014/2015 academic year, this committee, the Undergraduate Council, and the General Education Steering and Implementation Committees will review procedures and make recommendations for the continuance of this committee.
Adopted by the University Senate Executive Committee, 11 March 2013