Summer Research Program - 2018
June 25 - August 8
Deadline for Application: Feb. 17th, 2018
Supporting materials (i.e. letters of recommendation and transcripts) must be post-marked by Feb. 17th at the latest.
Requirements for Summer 2018 applicants:
- Must be, at least, 16 years old on, or before July 4, 2018
- Have an average GPA of 3.8 or 95 unweighed
Must have, at least 3 of the following subjects
- English (Honors or AP a plus)
- Chemistry (Honors or AP a plus)
- Mathematics or Calculus (Honors or AP a plus)
- Physics (Honors or AP a plus)
- Biology (optional) (Honors or AP a plus)
- Standardized test scores (SAT or Regents) must be 60% or above.
- Students who show evidence of leadership, special talents or interests, and other personal qualities through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and other non-academic pursuits will receive special consideration.
Along with the application you must send
- Transcript of grades (usually sent by the school)
- Three letters of recommendation, One from your Science Coordinator/Teacher. Please, use the Teacher Recommendation Letter Coversheet. The letter and coversheet must be included with the application in sealed envelopes.
- Non-Refundable $40 Registration fee. Please make check payable to "Stony Brook University"
Laboratory usage fee: $2100
Includes PPE (Personal protective equipment) kit
Housing and meal plan program are available at applicant's expense. Please, refer to Stony
Brook Campus Residence web page.
Campus Residence information