Skip Navigation

Loans for Non-Matriculated/Non-degree students:

Undergraduate and Graduate Students - Generally as a non-degree student you are not eligible for federal assistance. However, if you are taking prerequisites leading to admission into a degree granting program you may be eligible.  You will need to submit a Preparatory Coursework Agreement. You may download the agreement from our Forms page. If your request is approved, you may be eligible for a federal loan. 

You will need to file a FAFSA application.

Eligible non-matriculated students may receive loans for one consecutive, twelve-month period. If the student is unable to matriculate into a degree-earning program at the end of the twelve-month term of eligibility, he/she will no longer be able to receive additional federal loans. Once the student becomes matriculated, he/she may continue to receive federal loans and may also be eligible for other types of aid.

If you are not eligible for a Preparatory Coursework Agreement you may apply for a private/alternative loan to cover your education expenses.
Login to Edit