On behalf of the international organization, the Alpha Nu Zeta chapter of Sigma Tau Delta invites all qualifying undergraduate and graduate students to apply for membership. Qualifying students must obtain and submit an application for membership through the campus chapter.
Applications are available in the following locations:
- On the door of our office, Humanities 2083
- In the office of Margaret Hanley, the undergraduate English advisor
- Via email, from firstname.lastname@example.org
- At these hyperlinks: Full Member Alpha Nu Zeta application | Junior Member Alpha Nu Zeta application
Minimum Requirements for Undergraduate Membership
The candidate must:
- have completed a minimum of two college courses in English language or literature beyond the usual requirements in freshman English.
- have earned a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent average in English and in general scholarship.
- be ranked within the highest thirty-five percent of his/her class.
- have completed at least three semesters of college coursework.
Please note: Junior memberships are available for those who have not yet had the opportunity to take any English courses. At the present time, this option is only available to freshmen and transfer students who intend to become full members in the future. Junior members are not inducted, and are not official members of Sigma Tau Delta. They may, however, participate in chapter activities. They may also earn participation points which they will be able to redeem when they become full members.
Minimum Requirements for Graduate Membership
The candidate must:
- be enrolled in a graduate program in English, or one of its specializations
- have completed six semester hours of graduate work or the equivalent
- have earned a minimum 3.3 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Department of English, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-5350 - Undergraduate: 631 632-7400 | Graduate: 631 632-7373