Welcome to Stony Brook Employee Assistance Program serving Stony Brook University, Stony Brook Medicine, and Long Island State Veterans Home. The State of New York introduced Employee Assistance Programs as a new service to its employees in 1984. The Stony Brook University local program was founded in 1985.
Our mission is to provide a voluntary, confidential and comprehensive worksite based program for the purpose of enhancing the overall well-being and productivity of faculty, staff and the organization.
The goals of EAP are:
- To improve the health and well-being of faculty and staff.
- To reduce the impact of personal and job related problems on the employee productivity.
- To communicate that Stony Brook University cares about its employees.
- To support Stony Brook University policies for maintaining a safe and respectful workplace.
- To work closely with the EAP Advisory Committee in order to serve our employees and maintain good relations with labor and management.
We are a voluntary program designed to offer a highly professional, confidential source of help for people with personal problems or concerns. Representatives of labor-management comprise the EAP Advisory Committee that jointly sponsors our program.
We hope you find the information on our Web site helpful. We look forward to serving the campus community.