Each year, Stony Brook undergraduates are honored for their exceptional academic performance, extracurricular involvement, leadership and outstanding achievement relating to the life of the university and surrounding community. Many of these awards are competitive and require a nomination and/or application process. University ceremonies recognizing student achievement include the annual Undergraduate Recognition awards ceremony, the Baccalaureate Honors Convocation, and the SUNY Chancellor's award ceremony.
Awards managed through the Division of Undergraduate Education include:
- Benjamin & David Scharps Legal Essay Competition - SUNY
- Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence - SUNY
- Distinguished Community Service award
- Provost's Award for Academic Excellence
- Undergraduate Recognition awards
- Valedictory awards (academic)
- William J. Sullivan award
We encourage all prospective candidates to read the requirements carefully and to check the individual selection criteria and/or eligibility requirements. All internal deadlines are observed strictly and without exception.