Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When is payment due?

A: Payment for the entire stay is due when the booking is made.

*No shows and early departures without 48 business hours (Monday-Friday) notice will result in a one night room cancellation fee.

Q: What is the address to my building? 

A: Adult conferences - 300 Circle Road, Stony Brook, NY 11790

Youth conferences - 100 Circle Road, Stony Brook, NY 11790

*For directions to the Stony Brook campus by car, train, bus, ferry, or plane please click on the following link:

Q: What types of rooms are available on the University campus?

A: We offer suite-style residences, traditional hall set-ups and very limited apartment-style accommodations. The availability of each depends on your group’s size and proposed dates. *Please note that returning groups utilizing the same dates from year to year have priority in the housing assignment process, so your first choice may not always be available.

Q: What are the housing rates?

A: Housing rates vary based on single or double occupancy, air conditioning requirements and linen service requested. Please refer to the "Housing Rates" document located on the Home tab.

Q: How is Conference Housing staffed?

A: All of our Conference Housing units are staffed by both professional and student staff, all of whom have undergone criminal background checks (including a check of the New York State Sexual Offender Registry). Staff members are on duty in buildings from 9 am – 11 pm daily and then on- call from 11 pm- 9 am. Both professional and student staff are trained in first aid, CPR and AED use.

Q: Do adult and minor aged groups live in the same facilities?

A: Although the University provides Conference Housing to both adult and minor aged groups, the facilities offered to these programs are physically separated from one another and there is strict supervision of Conference Housing guests under the age of 18.

Q: What permits are needed?

A: Use of campus facilities (space) by outside sponsored groups requires a Facilities Use Permit for both long and short-term arrangements. All permits are coordinated through the Procurement Office. For more information, please contact (631) 632-6001.
Additionally, visiting organizations must provide evidence of comprehensive general liability insurance. Before the effective date of the permit, a certificate of insurance shall be provided by the Permittee evidencing: (1)General liability insurance in the amount of one million
($1,000,000) dollars per occurrence (2)Three million ($3,000,000) dollars in the aggregate (3)Naming the State of New York, the State University of New York and the State University of New York at Stony Brook as "additiona l insured."

Q: Is there food available?

A: Yes there is food available at the Student Activities Center, Wang Center and Student Union.

Q: Who do I contact if I need food for a meeting space?


Q: How is transportation on campus during the summer?

A: Shuttle buses run every half an hour. There are also designated residential parking spaces.

Q: Can my guests bring their computers and connect to the Internet in their rooms?

A: Yes, FREE high speed access is available in all rooms.

Q: Are there phones in the room?

A: Room phones are provided for FREE incoming calls, on-campus calling, as well as for credit card or collect calls for off campus or long distance calls.

Q: Are laundry services available?

A: Coin-operated washers and dryers are available in the lower level of each residence hall.

Q: What furnishings come with the room?

A: Suite-Style: 3-bedrooms: Each room contains 2 twin beds although a single person can stay in the room, 2 dressers, 2 desks w/shelves, overhead lighting or lamp and a shared suite bathroom 1 common sitting room (1- 3 seat couch, 1- 2 seat couch, 2 end tables and overhead lighting or lamp)

Q: What linens are provided?

A: Guests are provided with 2 bed sheets, 1 pillow and pillow case, 2 towels and a wash cloth. Linens can be exchanged at the conference Housing Main Office in Hendrix College from 9am to 8pm.

Login to Edit