Why You Should Get Involved
Giving back to the community is not the only benefit to participating in Community Service. Students participating in both on-campus and off-campus community engagement activities also gain:
- leadership,teamwork and career-related experience
- are exposed to great networking opportunities
- and obtain meaningful experiences to add to their resume
There are many great ways to give back that can match your availability no matter how much or how little time you have to devote. Some opportunities only require a few hours while other opportunities request an ongoing commitment with a set schedule. No matter your availability there is an opportunity that is right for you!
Two Easy Ways to Get Involved
- Log into your Handshake account to search for on and off-campus events or visit Get Involved for updated lists of on-campus, off-campus, long term opportunities & special service programs!
- Contact Megan Smedley at Megan.Smedley@stonybrook.edu or stop by the Career Center to ask questions about getting involved!