Congratulations graduation candidates! The entire Stony Brook Community is looking forward to celebrating your academic achievement with you. Follow us on our social media outlets for up to date information and important announcements.
COMMENCEMENT CHECKLIST: 4 Easy Steps for Registering & Attending:
1. Apply to graduate through SOLAR: All degree candidates will be audited by the Registrar's Office and cleared to graduate.
- Undergraduate Deadline- September 4, 2015
- Graduate Deadline- October 1, 2015
- Health Sciences Graduate Students- October 16, 2015
2. Register to attend the ceremony by completing the Ceremony Registration Form (CRF) on SOLAR by December 3, 2015 Candidates wishing to walk in the May 2016 ceremony, please select "I will NOT attend" to be invited to the May ceremony in March 2016. Here's how to find the CRF form on SOLAR
3. Attend the Graduation Fair at the University Bookstore November 18th 12pm - 7pm to purchase your cap & gown. Commencement Attire will be available to purchase November 19 - December 17. Please note that academic attire is required to walk in the ceremony.
4. Pick up your guest tickets the following dates & times with your SBU ID:
ALL REGISTERED CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE 3 GUEST TICKETS
- December 9 - 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Charles B. Wang Center, Main Lobby
- December 10 - 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Charles B. Wang Center, Main Lobby
- December 14 - 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Charles B. Wang Center, Main Lobby
- December 15 - 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the Charles B. Wang Center, Main Lobby
NOTE: Candidates attending the commencement ceremony with any special needs should notify the Office of Conferences and Special Events for special arrangements at (631) 632-6320.
*Special Notice: The selling or buying of Commencement tickets is strictly prohibited and may result in disciplinary action.
International students or Domestic students wishing to invite international family
to the ceremony should visit Visa and Immigration Services for visiting visa information: http://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/visa/current_students/inviting_relatives.html
Visa and Immigration Services
Stony Brook University
E5310, Melville Library
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3393
Telephone: (631) 632-4685
Fax: (631) 632-7064