Faculty participation during Commencement creates a meaningful atmosphere for our graduates and their families. All faculty are invited to participate in the academic ceremony and can order academic attire by following the instructions below. Please note that any faculty interested in walking in the academic procession or serving as a marshal must wear academic attire.
How to Order Online:
If this website was used previously, your information is saved in the data base. All you need to do is enter your name, make sure the information is up-to-date, and submit your order.
The following numbers are to be used by Stony Brook University Faculty (if your department reports to the Provost)
Customer Number: 31003853000
Order Number: 3711592
The website closes on April 29, 2016. Orders may be placed by filling out the form below and returning it to Jay.Ahgharian@stonybrook.edu by May 12, 2016. Please note, personal specifications and availability are not guaranteed for manual orders.
Delivery & Returns:
Ordered cap and gowns will be available for pick up at the University Bookstore on May 16, 2016 through May 20, 2016.
All rentals should be returned to the Bookstore promptly after the commencement ceremonies.
For additional information, contact the University Bookstore on West Campus (Melville Library Plaza) at (631) 632-4890 or (631) 632-4500 or email Jay.Ahgharian@stonybrook.edu.
Come celebrate with our candidates and show your support by volunteering. Our volunteers are vital to ensure that all Commencement activities run smoothly and successfully. If you would like to be a part of the commencement activities, please complete the volunteer form: May 2016 Volunteer Form or email Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a list of the volunteer posts available for our May Commencement Ceremonies:
- Ticket Distribution: (prior to the day of the ceremony)
- Stadium Set-Up: Assist in stadium set-up, i.e. programs, seating (prior and same day set-up)
- Information Tent/Volunteer Check-In: Assist by offering helpful event details, address ticket issues, lost & found. Also manage check-in of all volunteers.
- Greeters: Meet candidates and guests as they enter the stadium concourse and direct them to specific areas.
- Ticket Collectors: Positioned at stadium gate collecting tickets from guests.
- Program Distribution: Positioned inside stadium gates distributing programs to guests as they enter LaValle Stadium.
- Ushers - Stadium Seating: Direct guests to seating, keep stairs clear, give general information, i.e. restrooms, concessions.
- Ushers - Accessible Seating/Accommodations: Assist guests with disabilities or physical limitations to seating. i.e. wheelchair, walkers.
- Ushers - Reserved Seating: Direct special guests to reserved area.
- Candidate Assembly: Assist with regalia dressing & coordinating line up of candidates for processional/recessional.
- Candidate Marshal(s): Oversee Candidate Assembly, manage processional/recessional.
- Faculty/Doctoral Candidate Assembly: Assist with regalia, coordinating line up of Doctoral Candidates and faculty for processional/recessional.
- Candidate Usher (Special Accommodations): Special assignment for assistance with a candidate with special needs, i.e. wheelchair, crutches, etc.
- Volunteers needed for the Doctoral Hooding and Baccalaureate Ceremonies for various assignments- Thursday May 19, 2016