The center provides financial incentives to augment departmental financial offers.
Financial Recruitment support
Annual Recruitment of URM students at the following national and regional conferences:
- ABRCMS: Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students.
- NSBE: National Society for Black Engineers.
- SACNAS: The Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science.
- SHPE: Society for Hispanic and Professional Engineers.
- CSTEP: New York State Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program Annual Conference
- HBCU: Historically Black Colleges and Universities
Conversations about Grad School
The CIE develops activities where undergraduates have the opportunity to learn from faculty, administrators and current graduate students what it takes to become highly competitive graduate school applicants. Students learn ways to prepare themselves while they are still undergraduates, when they are completing and submitting their admissions applications, and when they are on their prospective campuses for a visit or personal interview. Some of the programs developed are:
- Lunch with the Dean and Graduate Program Directors
- Graduate Student Panel
- Graduate School 101
- Local college Fairs
- Campus visit to greater New York area colleges