Events at the Center
- Ongoing: CIE Dissertation Writing Workshop, June 6, 13, 20, 27, 8:00-11:00am. The workshop will provide tips and best practices related to writing your dissertation. This free time can be used for preparing grant proposals, dissertation work or simply quiet writing time. You are not required to attend all sessions and you may utilize all or a portion of the time allotted each Friday. Space is limited. Please register here to reserve your seat: http://ow.ly/wVLr9
- Summer Lunches with the CIE Director: If you are a CIE scholar enrolled in graduate study and interested in signing up to participate in one of the remaining summer lunches with the CIE director on July 1 or July 26th you can sign up for consideration at http://ow.ly/y5nct
Conferences, Forums, and Networking Opportunities
- Apply now for travel scholarships to attend the annual SACNAS conference in Los Angeles, CA http://sacnas.org/events/national-conf
- Abstracts are not being accepted for the Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students: November 12-15, 2014 in San Antonio, Texas http://www.abrcms.org/
- Coming Soon: New Online Conference travel application: Please keep your eyes out for a new and improved CIE conference travel application.
- Get a head start on networking this summer- Join the CIE group on linked in! The Center for Inclusive Education group on linked in currently stands at 257 current and past CIE scholars, alumni and colleagues in higher education and is our main social media site for sharing information such as job opportunities, networking events, and other professional development opportunities that come across the desks of our CIE staff members. Looking to get a jump start on your job search? Look no further; join our group today http://ow.ly/y5qBS
Fellowships and Career Opportunities (Including Post Docs)
- Post-Doctoral Positions at University of Colorado-The Vascular Bioengineering Laboratory in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Colorado is seeking highly motivated postdoctoral research associates. The lab integrates the fields of vascular mechanics and mechanobiology, and tissue engineering. The postdoctoral research associates will be involved in multidisciplinary projects covering aspects of the design for vascular medical devices, and cell bioengineering. Applicants are expected to have a PhD in biomedical or mechanical engineering, or related field; knowledge and personal interest in vascular bioengineering and translational research; experimental experience in cell biology; demonstrated productivity in publication; ability to communicate well with dynamic group and aggressively pursue research. Priority is given to the applicants in the underrepresented racial and ethnic groups. Applicants should send an email stating why they should be selected, curriculum vitae, and contact information for at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conference Financial Support for Students and Young Researchers- The Joint Program in Survey Methodology (JPSM) is pleased to announce a limited number of awards to assist young researchers who graduated no earlier than 2009 and students currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in statistics, biostatistics, survey methodology or a related area in a U.S. university to attend the conference on Frontiers of Hierarchical Modeling in Observational Studies, Complex Surveys and Big Data. For details about the conference and instructions on the application procedure, please visit http://www.jointprogram.umd.edu/ghosh/default.aspx .
- Join the National Postdoctoral Association: http://ow.ly/sjPc7. The NPA is pleased to offer the Affiliate Membership to for students, postdocs, faculty, and employees at NPA Sustaining Member institutions. The Affiliate Membership allows individuals at selected Sustaining Member institutions* to enjoy some of the same benefits as NPA Full Members
- Advancement of Science (AAAS) Entry Point-offers internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students with disabilities in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of business. For more information please visit http://ehrwebo1.aaas.org/entrypoint/ or contact Laureen Summers at email@example.com.
- Tufts University TEACRS Program: Fellowships are available in the Training in Education and Critical Research Skills Program (TEACRS) at Tufts University. This NIH-funded program is designed to prepare talented postdoctoral trainees with the career skills needed to succeed in academic biomedical research. Trainees spend on average 75% of their time conducting bench research and 25% of their time in career development activities that will help them manage the multiple demands of a faculty position. Opportunities are available in a wide range of biomedical research disciplines. For more information contact Dr. Claire Moore, Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postdoctoral Positions available at Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute- postdoctoral training program in advanced cardiovascular research at the Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute in Los Angeles. This program is funded by an NIH (T32) Training Grant. Six postdoctoral positions available to NIH T32 eligible candidates (U.S. citizens or permanent residents). The objective of the program is to provide outstanding training to postdoctoral fellows in basic and translational research related to cardiovascular disease for both PhD’s and MD-scientists. To learn more visit http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Education/Graduate-Research-Education/Training/Heart-Institute-NIH-T32-Funded-Training-Program-for-Postdoctoral-Research.aspx
- Career Advancement for Engineering in the Science of Rehabilitation in University of Pittsburgh- CAESOR program is to increase the number of rigorously trained, extramurally competitive, and scientifically productive engineering researchers in the field of rehabilitation science and engineering. Individuals from basic engineering disciplines interested in gaining research training/experience in an area relevant to rehabilitation are eligible to apply for support. Trainees are expected to work with a member of one of the training program faculty. Trainees should be prepared to make a two-year commitment to research training and fulfill each of the requirements of the traineeship. There is no limitation on U.S. citizenship or permanent residency. For more information and application, please visit http://www.qolt.pitt.edu/post-docs/
- University of Maryland Baltimore Campus Faculty Openings:http://www.umbc.edu/facultydiversity/jobs.html
- Biology Education Research Position in University of Maine- the school of Biology and Ecology seeks applicants for a two year fixed-length, fiscal year Lecturer position with an August start date. This position will have responsibilities for 50% biological education research and 50% teaching. For more information and application, please visithttps://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=18453&job=lecturer-in-biology-education
- Assistant/Associate Director of Admissions and Diversity Recruitment, College of Engineer at Cornell University- Assistant/Associate of Admissions and Diversity Recruitment works closely with the Director, providing counsel and assistance in the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of freshman and transfer students with a leadership role in the recruitment and yield of multicultural students to the College. The Assistant/Associate will manage the review and evaluation processes for freshman applications from a specific region as well as present general information sessions. Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of 3-4 years of undergraduate admissions experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent communication skills both oral and written, active listening skills, and outstanding customer service skills. Ability to work within a team framework, while taking the initiative to develop, coordinate, and manage specific projects. For more information and application, please visit https://www.hr.cornell.edu/jobs/positions.html
- Nippon Foundation Fellow Postdoctoral Position in Climate Modeling and Fisheries at Princeton University- The Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Biogeochemistry group at Princeton University is seeking energetic and enthusiastic applicants for a postdoctoral position in the area of modeling climate impacts on global fisheries. The position is part of a long-term multi-institutional effort, the Nereus Program, established in collaboration with the Nippon Foundation and University of British Columbia to improve multi-decadal scale predictions of global ocean fisheries. Applicants are asked to submit vitae, a statement of research experience and interests, and names of at least 3 references to http://jobs.princeton.edu, Req. # 1400245. Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received, and continue until the position is filled.
- Second Annual Liberty Power Bright Horizons Scholarship- The scholarship is a collaboration between Liberty Power and the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) Foundation. This alliance is focused on providing scholarships annually to eligible college students pursuing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education with an interest in seeking careers in the fields of energy or the environment. Established in 2013, the Bright Horizons Scholarship was initially awarded to three winners. This year the scholarship has expanded to allow for one additional winner. A total of $20,000 will be awarded in the form of four scholarships valued at $10,000, $5,000, $3,000 and $2,000. Students who are currently enrolled in an accredited two or four-year university that have an interest in the field of energy or the environment are welcome to apply by July 15, 2014. For more information and to apply for the Bright Horizons Scholarship program, please visit: http://www.libertypowercorp.com/scholarship/.
- Tenure-track position in Environmental Engineering/Energy Resources Engineering (ERE) at Humboldt State University- The position will be split between teaching and associated duties in the ERE Department and research activities with Schatz Energy Research Center. A Ph.D. or equivalent in Environmental Engineering or a related engineering or science field from an accredited college or university is strongly preferred at the time of appointment. Applicants with considerable progress towards degree completion by appointment date will be considered. Completion of the terminal degree is required prior to the start of the second probationary year. Deadline for application should not later than October 31, 2014. For more information about this position, potential candidate could direct contact with Dr. Peter Lehman email@example.com .
- Assistant Professor Mechanical Engineering Technology at University of Maine- The position primarily focused on teaching undergraduates. Research is not required; on-campus and off-campus consulting opportunities are available. The position requires an experienced mechanical engineer with a Master degree. For more information and to apply please visit https://umaine.hiretouch.com/ and select Faculty (Tenure).
- Postdoctoral Position, USCF- The position is available for candidates who have research experience in virology, molecular biology, cellular immunology and/or stem cell biology and have a PhD or M.D. The research undertaken involves studies of HIV infection with a focus on innate immunity toward development of a therapy or a vaccine and stem cell biology directed at an HIV cure. The position is in the UCSF Laboratory for Tumor and AIDS Virus Research. Interested candidates should send curriculum vitae and the names of three references to: Jay A. Levy, M.D. Levy.Lab@ucsf.edu