This two-day program is designed for those Business Analysts, Liaisons, Project Leaders, Support and Testing Teams, who want to find errors. The course offers techniques to locate errors during the expensive Implementation, Programming and Testing Phases (Although the early phase errors of Analysis and Design are also addressed).
Testing is frequently a frustrating aspect of any project. The purpose of testing is not to create specifications, but rather to ensure that the system being developed meets the agreed upon business requirements. This Structured Testing course assists participants to save time and money, and receive more effective, quality systems in both in-house and out-sourced development environments. Those involved with PMI and the Project Management Professional – PMP program are awarded 14 PDUs or “Contact hours”.
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- Testing and Its Purpose
- Definitions and Terms
- The Product and Process
- Static Testing Techniques
- Testing the Analysis
- Testing the Design
- The Data
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- The System Test
- User Acceptance Test
- Object Testing
- Inter / Intranet Testing
- Testing Implementation
The program employs lectures, discussions, and hands-on exercises. Participants also receive handouts and worksheets for on the job use. The course is frequently ‘tuned’ to meet specific in-house client environment and stakeholder requirements.
Upon completion of this Structured Testing Workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Identify and Use proper testing techniques during various phases of the system life cycle (including maintenance and development).
- Identify and Understand the testing responsibilities of the Client (users), Test Team, Quality Assurance and Systems Developers.
- Design, develop, and use applicable Test Data and Test Scripts for an application.
- Design and develop System Testing and User Acceptance Test (UAT) plans.
- Understand and use multiple static testing techniques.
- Plan and perform functional testing.
- Plan and perform structural testing.
- Plan and perform system and user acceptance testing.
- Plan and perform testing for Structured and Object Oriented, OO Systems.
- Plan and perform Network Testing.
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to client’s workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. They were named the 2010 PMI “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP and the newly developed CCBA.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044