Project Risk Management
For additional information on this class, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-216-7518
This Project Risk Management workshop introduces tools, techniques, and the way to follow a Six Step Process for successful Risk Management. The process lowers risk in simple, matrix, and cross functional projects. This module is for anyone who has completed the Project Planning and Control program, who needs to follow and implement a systematic approach to risk management. It prepares participants for on-the-job use of the Six Steps of managing risk.
Those involved with PMI and the Project Management Professional - PMP program are awarded 7 PDU's, or "Contact Hours."
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- Review of Risk Basics
- The Risk Management Planning
- Risk Identification
- Qualifying the Risk
- Quantifying the Risk
- Developing Risk Response Plans
- Monitoring and Controlling Risks
Instructional methods for this one day module are lecture, discussion, exercises, and workshops. Reference to and inclusion of the PMI PMBOK are included and applied to real world situations. Session also includes participant discussions and feedback of ongoing project solutions.
Upon completion of this Project Risk Management course, each participant will be able to:
- Understand and use the Six Steps to Risk Management process.
- Develop a project risk management plan.
- Use several techniques for risk identification (including the identification of Risk Triggers).
- Qualify risks to identify the most critical issues facing the project.
- Quantify the probability and impacts of the most critical risks.
- Develop risk response plans for all project risks including avoidance, mitigation, transference, and acceptance.
- Monitor and control risks throughout a project.
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to client’s workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. They were named the 2010 PMI “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP and the newly developed CCBA.
Center for Corporate Education at Stony Brook University
Research & Development Park • 1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044
631-216-7518 • email@example.com