Project Leadership Workshop
In today's cross functional, high speed, multi-location and high demand project environments, the ability to be successful has never been more difficult. The Project Leadership Workshop helps project managers of all backgrounds, become true leaders. The practical tools, techniques and concepts provided here are reinforced and practiced with real world project situations, exercises and checklists.
Those involved with PMI and the Project Management Professional – PMP program are awarded 7 PDUs or “Contact hours”.
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- Building Project Teams
- Motivating the People on Your Team
- Symptoms of Poor Teamwork
- Establishing the Right Project Team Environment
- Building Consensus
In addition to specialized discussions about Project Management, participants are also exposed to some fundamental management concepts. Instructional methods for this one day course are lecture, discussion, case study exercises and critique.
Upon completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Decide where and how to focus his or her efforts to improve personal leadership skills.
- Understand his or her leadership style preferences and those of the team, and use them to resolve potential conflict, and create and maintain a motivated project environment.
- Identify the symptoms of poor teamwork and develop strategies to resolve issues.
- Help team members plan and execute project success.
- Build trust within the team, and facilitate a results driven project environment.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044