Project Facilitation Workshop
In the world of projects, it’s said that, “The Project Manager has all the responsibility for a project’s success, but not the authority to make it happen!” In today's cross-functional, high speed, multi-location and high-demand project environments, being successful has never been more difficult (and failure more public.) Project Facilitation Workshop is designed to help both full-time Project Managers, Team Leaders and PMO Members help project teams achieve success.
A major goal is to have participants able to apply key facilitation, leadership and project management tools and concepts to help get things done!
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- Facilitating Project Teams
- Motivating the Team Members
- Meetings and Workshops
- Facilitating Requirements Analysis
- Conclusion and Critique
Upon completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Decide where and how to focus his or her efforts to improve personal facilitation skills.
- Understand their personal facilitation style preferences and those of the team, and use them to create and maintain a motivated project environment and to resolve conflict.
- Employ facilitation skills and techniques such as brainstorming, root cause analysis (fishbone diagramming), risk analysis, and of course, delegation.
- Understand and facilitate Process Mapping and related Quality Initiatives which help us to gather, develop, and deliver traceable Business Requirements.
- Identify and help team members resolve conflicts before they have a deleterious impact on the project and its success.
- Help team members plan and achieve project success while working in remote teams.
- Use effective meeting strategies to enable and empower team members to create deliverables according to schedule and follow-up on action items.
- Negotiate during the project and be able to select and emphasize win-win and win-lose strategies as needed.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044