Project Communications Management
This workshop teaches participants strategies and tactics needed to ensure successful communications (even when the team is virtual). The effective manager will ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval and ultimate disposition of project information. Every project stakeholder should understand how communications affect the project as a whole. This course prepares participants for on the job communication skills.
Those involved with PMI and the Project Management Professional – PMP program are awarded 7 PDUs or “Contact hours”.
- Introduction and Course Objectives
- Communications Planning
- Information Distribution
- Performance Reporting
- Managing Stakeholder Communications
- Conclusion and Critique
Instructional methods for this one day module are lecture, discussion, exercises, simulations, role plays and workshops. Reference to and inclusion of the PMI PMBOK are included and applied to real world situations. Session also has participant discussions and feedback of ongoing project situations.
Upon completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Understand the importance of PMI’s Communications Management Planning in the real world Project Environment
- Understand the Project Manager’s responsibility to communicate with stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Communicate the Project Team needs to Management and Sponsors for successful project completion
- Understand and use the various Distribution Methods for Project Information
- Understand the special needs of Managing a Virtual Team
- Plan and Execute Effective Team Meetings and Conference Calls
- Deliver the proper Performance Data in an effective and timely manner
- Understand the Importance of “Lessons Learned” Documentation and Project Management Plan updates
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to client’s workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. They were named the 2010 PMI “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP and the newly developed CCBA.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044