Project Leadership Workshop
Projects carry complex concerns, not always found in traditional management. This one-day module introduces team members to Project Management and its structure. The structured model of Planning, Organizing, Scheduling, Controlling and Managing Change with specific tools and techniques is presented. The overall objectives of this workshop are to inform participants of their roles in projects; and to enable negotiation, communication, and coordination between management, project managers, stakeholders and members of the project team.
Since this program provides an introduction to many of the concepts tools and techniques practiced in TSE001 Project Planning and Control, it carries the nickname “PM Lite”.
Once completed, participants involved with PMI® and the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional – PMP program, are awarded 8 PDUs or 8 “Contact Hours”.
- Project Management Concepts
- Project Management Model
- Best Practices
- Managing the Pentagon
- Organizing and Scheduling
- Execution, Monitoring and Control
- Change Control (Scope Management)
- Project and Stakeholder Roles and Responsibilities
The ProgramUpon completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Understand a project’s mission, objectives (SMART) and risks, and begin determining the scope of the work;
- Assemble a work plan; determine the schedule and options;
- Understand the importance of identifying and producing deliverables according to the agreed upon schedule, while still meeting specifications;
- Understand the importance of effective communications (No surprises!);
- Understand each team member’s role in supporting the process and his or her associated responsibilities and stakeholders;
- Deal with project changes;
- Track and be able to report project progress and quality;
- Understand how Microsoft Project can help plan, organize, control, change, monitor and report on projects.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044