Microsoft Project - Advanced
Click Here to see the schedule.
After reinforcing the Microsoft Project 2010 concepts and facilities, this workshop addresses those areas where the package helps the Project Manager to Plan, Organize, Track and Report single and multiple projects, their schedules, estimates, deadlines, costs and associated resources. The Instructor also plans time to resolve specific participant MS Project issues.
The Microsoft Project Advanced workshop is truly dynamic! Additional topics, tools and techniques are added, changed and/or deleted based upon the particular needs of participants and their organizations. Instructional methods for this 1 day program include lecture, discussion, question and problem sessions, and extensive hands-on exercises using many features of Project. Upon completion, participants involved with PMI and the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional – PMP program, are awarded 8 PDUs or 8 “Contact hours”.
- Introduction, Course Objectives, Microsoft Project Review
- Full Time Projects with Part Time Resources
- Identifying and Resolving Resource Conflicts
- Tracking Work Effort
- Formatting the Project
Upon completion of the Microsoft Project Advanced course, each participant will be able to:
- Setup Projects and Sub-Projects and their Work Breakdown Structures, Estimates, and Dependencies using the Microsoft Project system.
- Input and track multiple project plans, with and without resource assignments and establish inter-project dependency links.
- Use Project to Plan and Manage multiple Projects and share resources across multiple projects.
- Use additional Project facilities to speed up data manipulation.
- Use Project to perform multiple "What if?" scenarios e.g. change plans, project delays, resource over-under allocations etc.
- Generate customized Reports, Views and Tables for Team Members, Management and Users.
- Change plans and schedules due to resource availability, task dependencies, imposed due dates, milestones and deadlines.
- Use Project to Baseline Schedules and Track started, in-progress and completed tasks.
- Create, Modify and Use Template and Recurring Tasks for similar projects.
- Use Project to dynamically link to other software for optimum project management processes.
Total Systems Education is renowned for working closely with clients, all over the world, to design and deliver training that exactly fits their specific needs. They don’t believe in “cookie-cutter” training! Their philosophy is that training must be current and real-world; delivering a skill-set that encompasses world-class best practices but is also immediately transferrable to client’s workplace. Total Systems Education is proud to be a PMI Global Registered Education Provider. They were named the 2010 PMI “Best of the Best” Continuing Education Provider of the Year. For Business Analysts, Total Systems is also an EEP, Endorsed Education Provider, of the IIBA. These endorsements and certifications allow us to have our courses reviewed by the IIBA and PMI for relevancy, quality and adherence to the best practices supported by both of these prestigious global organizations. These certifications also allow us to award PDUs and CDUs to participants involved in the professional credentialing processes for PMP, CAPM, CBAP and the newly developed CCBA.
Corporate Education & Training • Advanced Energy Center • Research & Development Park
1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044