Career Transition Workshop
Click Here to see the schedule.
More than 1500 displaced professionals have already taken this unique four-hour "job search" workshop. The focus is on conducting research, not writing a resume; it's on preparing and implementing a marketing plan, not on applying for posted positions. Attendees will see how the Six Degrees of Separation impact their marketing strategy and learn how to ask for support from individuals in their network.
- Ways to let employers know you have what they're looking for
- Tips for showing that your talent is transferable
- Networking techniques for introverts
- Real life, recent case studies in self marketing
- Recognizing how your personality type can drive your job search strategy
Anyone in "job search" mode - either unemployed or looking to make a job or career change. The Career Transition Workshop has something of value for everyone, even those who attended workshops at outplacement firms or the department of labor.
- "Your passion really comes through and motivates people to keep up the fight."
- "I learned more in four hours than in four months at [a leading outplacement firm]."
- "I like your dynamic nature, can-do attitude, and enthusiasm."
The results speak for themselves - we are proud to have a 30% placement rate for graduates of the Project Management and Business Analysis programs, both of which include this Career Transition Workshop.
This workshop is made exceptional by Marianna Savoca, a career counselor and director of Stony Brook University's Career Center.
Center for Corporate Education at Stony Brook University
Research & Development Park • 1000 Innovation Road, Stony Brook, NY 11794-6044
631-216-7518 • firstname.lastname@example.org